Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Prescription Glasses for riding
  • robbo1234biking

I used to wear contact lenses but sometimes find them uncomfortable so wondering about getting some prescription sports glasses. Does anyone know somewhere that does it pretty cheap? Looking for just a basic wraparound with clear lens to protect my eyes and not too expensive so if I crash and break them im not too bothered! Any suggestions cheers!

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have a pair of Optilabs with photo-sensitive wotnot. I am a fan.

DeeJay
    Free Member

I use these – they are £40 for the frames, 3 lenses and the prescription bit. I have just changed my prescription and it cost me £70 for the new lenses.

http://www.kudubikes.co.uk/shop/images/thumbs/t_bbbpowerview.jpg%5B/img%5D%5B/url

glenp
    Free Member

+1 Optilabs. Great service, fantastic price and quality. Photo-sensitive is same price as clear.

They will send you some frames to assess – give them a ring, I found them very friendly and helpful.

Richie_B

+2 Optilabs. They went out of their way to get things right including sending out frames of just about every model they make. Glasses have been great and have survived living in the back pocket of the jersey/jacket when not in use

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

. i ended up emailing oakley the othger day, trying to catch a mouse saw my silly money oakley rx flying off my face like butter. why they can’t make rx frames, esp thicker frame varieties for the bottle top lens brigade, with the same grip technology as their sunniees is beyond me,

BeardedDave
    Free Member

+3 for Optilabs. Only thing I would say is that you have to be careful when cleaning them, as they pick up little scratches quite easily.

glenh
    Free Member

Second DeeJay – i have some of those BBB glasses with precription inserts. A bargain.

However, I mostly use disposable contacts these days. Have you tried disposables robbo? – they are very soft.

robbo1234biking

yeh but this is all I use them for so they work out pretty expensive for riding. Cheers for the options!

AndyP
    Free Member

sometimes find them uncomfortable
    +1 for trying different kinds of lenses.

druidh
    Free Member

Prescription Oakleys for me. Transition lens is just about OK for night riding too. Best upgrade I’ve ever made to my biking arsenal. I tried the contacts, but found that any breeze made my eyes water and the lens would flush out. Plus – I found it hard to read a map etc with them in.

coatesy
    Free Member

Oakleys for me too, but way expensive. From experience i’d recommend a single lens system over clip in prescription adapters as they fog up at every opportunity, and the extra weight causes them to constantly slide down your nose unless you choose the uncomfortable hook type earpieces.

Pete
    Free Member

+4 for Optilabs, visited their place, good service, went for reactalight varifocals, they set the focal point slightly different because mainly used for distance and not close up.

DeeJay
    Free Member

I have just this year for the first time tried contacts. Having got a box from Vision Express at £13 for a box of 30 I have now orderedthese They are more floppy than the previous ones but definately more comfortable and the same money gets you 64 lenses.

AndyP
    Free Member

samuri
    Free Member

Optilabs here. Couldn’t have been more helpful and they even replaced the first pair of glasses they sent when they didn’t fit properly. Very happy with the glasses I have now. If you have a strong or weird prescription then oakleys are out anyway.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Prescription Glasses for riding’ is closed to new replies.