Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • prescription cycling glasses
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

Since I've completely ruined 2 pairs of normal glasses for riding i think it's about time i got smoe decent cycling glasses/sunglasses.

I've looked at a few options and decided I don't want inserts. With regard to lenses,
    can anyone recommend either polorised or photochormic lenses? rxsport.co.uk recommend photochormic for monutain biknig and polorised for driving and fishing because of the glare.

Looking at the rudy project range (ekynox and horus look good)

damitamit
    Free Member

I've been using a pair of cheap BB frames and photochromic lenses from optilabs.co.uk for the past 4 years. Gone through 2 sets of frames (they're cheap at £22) and 2 pairs of lenses (due to scratching them) in that time.

They work pretty well and are reasonably priced.

Have been thinking of some Oakley Flak Jackets with prescription photochromic this summer but at 300 quid I'd be too scared to take them mtb'ing!

funkynick

I got some Rudy Project Rydons and they seem to be pretty good, although not ended up using them a whole lot yet due to not riding a great deal. Not cheap though at about £240 or so…

Pete
    Free Member

I got my prescription glasses from optilabs

http://www.optilabs.com/

I got varifocal photochromic lenses

Not cheap though..

LMT
    Free Member

My prescription biking glasses are Oakley, i paid about £175 for them, imported from the states, superb glasses c-wire i think they are, got them a few years back, need to find a UK dealer to send mine off to as i have bashed them up a bit when i face planted last year, but all round superb glasses.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Those photos show inserts.. are they only available with inserts?

trickydisco
    Free Member

The trouble with optilabs is i don't think they look as stylish as the rudy project or other makes.

warpcow
    Free Member

Damitamit, are those inserts proprietary or just regular RX?

damitamit
    Free Member

They come with inserts (specific to bbb), but I just took them off and sent the frames to Optilabs to put lenses in.

tandemwarriors

Addidas Evil Eye's here. Can fog a bit on damp, still days, but overall very pleased with them. Interchangable lenses and replacable prescription insert mean they aren't obsolete if your prescription changes.

druidh
    Free Member

I've been using Oakleys with transition lenses for over a year now and think they're the best "upgrade" I've ever made to my cycling. I find they're clear enough for night riding too, so one lens does everything.

damitamit
    Free Member

druidh, which oakley lens do you use? There's so many its confusing!

lu
    Free Member

I've recently got a pair of Uvex Hawks
    http://www.rodenstock.com/rodb2c/com/en/1188963/docId-1185536/100129_uvex.html
    as I didn't want inserts but did want to keep the budget below £200. They're the best fitting glasses I've owned and there's no problem getting prescription lenses.

zaskar
    Free Member

Been using Oakleys but tempted to use those clip ons you put on the inside of riding glasses.

Anyone tries those?

colnagokid

Ive got m frames with a prescription lens, but looking on the Steptoes site the prescription oakleys seem alot cheaper now than when I got mine.
    The optilabs are near oakley price and look a bit gash to me

DrP

I had some optilab samples sent to me last year. For £150+ frames, they seemed worse than cheapo 'car boot sale' glasses! Lots of evidence of injection moulding, flexy, cheap hinges etc etc.

I'm still looking!

DrP

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Rudy Project Horus with Photochromic……. Ace!

BenjiM

I've had my Optilabs for about 2 years now and they're great. Their customer service is also second to none.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘prescription cycling glasses’ is closed to new replies.