Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Preparing for Autumn/Winter – Road, What Do I Need
  • zigzag69
    Free Member

Planning on continuing to ride the road bike as much as possible this autumn and beyond. Used to riding the MTB all year, so I think I’ve got the obvious stuff covered (overshoes, decent gloves/leggings), but wondering about investing in a gilet and a set of arm-warmers? A good set of mud guards? Like the look of the Cruds, any good?

Anything obviously specific to riding on the road in the cold, the wind and the rain that I might not be thinking about?

crikey
    Free Member

Most useful and least used; roadie cap. Only made of cotton, with a bit of plastic in the brim, but worn under a helmet keeps your specs clean and your head warm until in gets freezingly cold. Then I wear a wooly hat, but this annoys some folk.

disco_stu
    Free Member

Go for full length mudguards, SKS Chromoplastic ones are the ones that I currently use, they do a really good job of keeping any road spray off you.
    Puncture proof tyres are always a bonus as well as replacing tubes is no fun in the middle of January

zigzag69
    Free Member

Excellent, thanks gents, that’s what I’m looking for.

tracknicko
    Free Member

but wondering about investing in a gilet and a set of arm-warmers?

ah ha ha ha

you in the uk mate?

you’ll have to do a lot better than that!

proper winter jacket (windproof is MOST important) makes a world of difference. amazing how cold you can get, mine is pretty much as thick as a wetsuit jacket…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Preparing for Autumn/Winter – Road, What Do I Need’ is closed to new replies.