• This topic has 45 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Premier users whats the verdict?
  • nonk
    Free Member

is it worth it then?

soma_rich
    Free Member

It was free and it got rid of the fat man…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I signed up to contribute as I never read or click the ads, but I've never found out how to access the extra content – everything I click just tells me about the extra stuff and my status without ever displaying it 🙁

colnagokid

I never buy the paper copy of the mag, so agreeing with SFB (that'll start him off! :wink:) I thought it would be nice to support the site. And you get to read the mag on line and have all the old ones too, well worth 15 nicker to me. Plus you dont get the fashing ads!

BigJohn

I'm really pleased about it. The premier thing started about 3 days after I cancelled my mag sub (because I was getting fed up with the standard of content as well as the grammar and spelling). Not being able to see the premium content keeps me away from even more of what annoys me.

sc-xc

^ As Simon. I subscribe, but have a pile of unopened mags, I haven't looked at the premier content yet…I just do it to contribute to the forum, as for a few years it's been the first place I log on to.

timwillows
    Free Member

Tend not to use the online subscription much, having to adjust the way Safari works to open it is a bit of a put off, but really i think I just prefer magazines to be paper.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

i was always prepared to pay to get shot of some of the damm ads so the premier sub came along at the right time. Good to give something back, keep flicking through the back issues from before i subscribed to look up the rides

thepodge
    Free Member

i upgraded for free but i'm still listed as a normal member… no bother

Drac

I really must get around to sorting it.

flamejob
    Free Member

My Sub is delivered to an address in the UK so I get to read the mag here in Spain as soon as it comes out.

That makes me happy.

I'm not too sure about the 'special content'. I have a feeling the staff are too stressed getting the actual magazine out to worry about add-ons. It would be good to have more 'live' content in the magazine PDF; what with the magazine industry worrying about the iSlate, iPad or whatever.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I upgraded my account when I renewed my subs… It still shows me as " member" tho.. I am not doing something right???
    Or am I missing something obvious??? 😳

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

also I think all the options are needlessly confusing, there appears to be a lot of permutations…

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Me too. I just upgraded but still listed as a "member" why?

hilldodger
    Free Member

Don't know about 'worth it' in purely monetary terms, but it does provide a means of supporting the site.
    Personally I like the online content, saves the 'big pile of mags' getting even bigger and lets me access past issues wherever I am.

May also serve as some degree of reassurance for classified transactions ?

spokebloke
    Free Member

Sorry 'bout that. It's been changed today – no more lardy bloke.

flamejob
    Free Member

…looking at all this 'Premier Content'.. surely we get that in the mag online too? Isn't it exactly the same content?

Gary_M
    Free Member

As does google chrome, firefox. I'm a subscriber but haven't bother 'upgrading', don't really see the point.

AndyP
    Free Member

I'd have it if I didn't have to have that lame 'P' next to my name.

Mark

It no longer says 'Premier Member' next to your name cos it made some of us snigger a bit in a childish kind of way 🙂

Premier accounst now get a 'p' symbol next to their names.

Simon. You are definitely a Premier users. Have you tried reading the current crop of stories on the front page that are just for Premier users?

Also, in your profile page you should have a button named, 'Premier Account Status'.. It should be rather large and unmissable. Click that to go to the page that shows you all the details we hold on you and also that's where you will find the 'reduce ads' button.

Mark

The ads are preferable to the big ugly flashing 'p' then?

🙂

aracer
    Free Member

As does google chrome, firefox.

Shhh!

Likewise on being a subscriber and not bothering upgrading.

the_lecht_rocks

still waiting for mine to go Premier – How long does it take to get 'connected' ?

gary_m : i got banned for mentioning that !

Gary_M
    Free Member

eh, seriously, why?

Mark

As does google chrome, firefox. I'm a subscriber but haven't bother 'upgrading', don't really see the point.

because it's free (existing subscriber) and you get more?
    You can even email your username, subscriber number (postcode is you can't find it) and registered email address to sarah@singletrackworld.com and we'll do all the work for you.

Mark

eh, seriously, why?

Because the rules/terms and conditions state that as a consequence.

the_lecht_rocks

mark – why has mine not yet gone live then ?

Gary_M
    Free Member

I can't do that now as I've said I don't see the point. Just make me a premier member and I don't have a choice 😆

Mark

Premier users get 20% off servicing at Mojo currently. The story is on the front page..
    Not that that is of any use to anyone who doesn't need that service.. But it's just the first of the kinds of deals and offers that we are sourcing exclusively for Premier Users.

None premier users aren't being forgotten though. There's currently a competition on the front page for everyone to win one of 10 signed copies of Seasons on DVD.

For none Premier users it's business as usual. You get the same stuff you always got. If that's enough then that's great 🙂 For anyone who wants extras then there's Premier. Simples 🙂

ski
    Free Member

Why not change the "Premier Users" tab to "Premier content" then bunch all the extra content there?

Mark

Tom is investigating the missing accounts now. If anyone else has been waiting more than a day to get the 'p' next to their name then call Sarah on 01706 814397 or email her on sarah@singletrackworld.com with your username and your subscription number or postcode… if you have them.

firestarter
    Free Member

can you look thru all the back issues and print off what you want with the primier digital extra?

nonk
    Free Member

you get banned for pointing something out???
    seems a bit playground silly to me.

Mark

Nonk… You haven't read the rules then either..

Mi@k – yes. Digital subscribers with the PDF Extra 'bolt-on' option can print out directly from the PDF copies.

firestarter
    Free Member

thanks mark i thought that was the case but wasnt sure about back issues
    cheers

DezB
    Free Member

Hang on.. it's FREE! to existing subscribers? Why haven't I got it then? Do I need to phone someone up? Can I do it in a few clicks instead?

firestarter
    Free Member

btw does anyone know the file size of one of the mags ? just id have to take it to work to print on a usb stick
    ta

nonk
    Free Member

i have now and if its in the rules then its in the rules.
    personal view on that rule is that its a bit daft.

its a bit like my lbs banning me for not allways getting my stuff from them.

ah well its your forum i geuss.

Mark

The pdf files for each mag are between 30mb – 70mb depending on content.

Our Singletrack memory sticks are 2gb (available in the shop) and come with 10 back issues of the mag pre-installed. There's still loads of space on them and you can delete the files from the stick once you are done with them.

firestarter
    Free Member

ah right i'll take a look thanks

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Premier users whats the verdict?’ is closed to new replies.