Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Pregnant wife got knocked today in car park, advise please.
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

People like that MUST NOT be allowed to drive.

As mentioned above, it could quite easily have been a child that he hit, and it could VERY easily have been A LOT WORSE for your wife/child.

The van driver now carries on regardless, presuming he can treat the general public with same contempt that most other van drivers do and get away with it..

Do the right thing, let your testosterone do the talking – and/or make sure the police get his details.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Being just a few weeks ahead of yourself OP, I’m just glad for you that mrs tang is ok. I don’t cluck over mrs deadly but I constantly worry that she’s ok when commuting etc. Yeah, all very irrational but it just happens. 😐

I suspect that you and mrs tang probably have an idea what you really want to do about it. I hope you’d report him, but if she really doesn’t need the hassle of having to make a statement etc, then perhaps discretion may be the better part of valour.

Oh and good luck. 🙂

flippinheckler
    Free Member

FFS knuckle scraper van driver picks on a pregnant woman, this boils my blood grrrr

sbob
    Free Member

DezB – Member

What we need is no rules. That wouldn’t have happened then

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shared_space

Now you’re wrong in two threads! 😀

OP: Failing to report as an absolute minimum.
    I can fully understand the “let it slide” sentiments, but if this joker squished a kid next week you’d feel pretty awful for doing nought.

Thankfully wife and bump are ok, that’s the main thing – and can’t see how she was to blame at all, unless she’s being selective with the truth and opened the door into the path of a reversing van. It’s happened to me on many occassions, but I’m just playing devils advocate with that suggestion.

Other than that, it was an accident, the bloke seems a bit of a nob, no real harm done, life goes on, leave it at that – unless she points him out next time you’re shopping, in which case punch his face in.

HTH

hora
    Free Member

Check for cctv. No result? Keep alookout.

Its a small world sometimes.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

As someone said “what do you want out of it”.

She wasn’t injured so no civil claim for PI.

CCTV – contrary to what someone said on here Tesco will release CCTV if requested by a solcitor.

Police will have no interest in this. What is it , driving offence, assault charge, are there witnesses ?? one person’s word against another if no CCTV.

Granted she is upset and he was an ar5ehole but thats life. Not worth the stress. Forget it, move on.

teef
    Free Member

Are you sure your wife’s description is completely accurate – it’s not just a case of only hearing one side of the story?

tang
    Free Member

Tbh teef, I couldn’t care about his side of the story, given what I’ve heard(wife is very level headed and first to admit if she’s made a mistake), I stand by my wife. And if she did decide to take it further I would leave all that to the police, it’s their job to gather the stories.

hora
    Free Member

We are talking about a heavily pregnant woman right?

Mine called the Police on me for refusing to let the dog back in. I’d laugh but I’m still abit miffed.

Then when he went missing from the back garden and I was out on the Peaks she…dialled 999 again and told them to come and find him. 😆

She’d never done anything like that before or since so I’d say…

nealglover
    Free Member

Are you sure your wife’s description is completely accurate – it’s not just a case of only hearing one side of the story?

How could it have been any different.

If her car wasn’t moving, it’s not her fault.

Simple.

Cougar

I’ll remind you of that next time you’re cycling past a stationary vehicle and an occupant flings a door into your path.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

+1 hora … pregnant women are crazy.

In fact Mr big butch van man may have seen the craziness in OP’s mrs’ eyes and might have legged it out of sheer terror… Or more likely in seeing that the lady was ok and having been shouted at without the chance to apologize, he probably thought **** that I’ve got one of these mad cow’s at home and I’ve only come into this bloody supermarket to get more breast pads for her… what have I got to do for a moments peace…. ( He’s still a div mind for driving off)

tang
    Free Member

Remember she was not in the car but outside having just walked into the empty adjacent space. My bet is on him in a hurry and not checking his mirrors enough. Large van in tight car park should take extra care.

tang
    Free Member

Pregnant women are nuts, but so are old people, children, dogs etc. who all frequent car parks. Due care should be taken

teef
    Free Member

How could it have been any different.

If her car wasn’t moving, it’s not her fault.

That’s if you’ve only heard and believe one side of the story

Not so simple

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

If I was in your situ, I’d probably let it go for the greater welfare of wife and unborn. Then, in X months time and for the rest of her life, I’d remind her of how stupid she’d been for not getting his details.

tang
    Free Member

B A I think it will prob pan out something like that! Although I generally wear the numpty hat in this house.

hora
    Free Member

tang I would stress over it. Its done and thankfully your mrs’s isn’t hurt. The anger/stress over it would disproportionately wear you too much.

Just RIDE ALOT. ****, cos in 2 months you aint riding :mrgreen:

sbob
    Free Member

I’ll remind you of that next time you’re cycling past a stationary vehicle and an occupant flings a door into your path.

You do actually have some duty of care when passing vehicles to allow for this.

jumble
    Free Member

I am glad your wife is ok and goodluck with the rest of the pregnancy.

Some guys just cannot take either being asked to do something or take some form of reprimand from a woman. We see it several times a year with dog walkers and runners when we ask them very politely not to run/walk across our crops for the nth time. If I do it or they are women then there is little reaction. If my wife does it and they are a bloke then there is usually a tirade of abuse. I always wonder if they treat their own wives that way. The worse guy is a runner who swears his head off and then boasts how he is a solicitor and that he can go where he wants doing what he wants. This is a guy that I really want to meet as I feel that he may not treat me the same way.

nealglover
    Free Member

If I’m cycling into a parking space in Tesco, then I’ll happily admit it was my fault 😉

tang
    Free Member

This is child #3 so well aware of infant impact on trail time! Turbo and self employment(mmm sun is out i fancy a ride) see me right. Thanks for all your replies! She is fine today, little sore on the bum. I think the large guys reaction was probably the worst part. Car has a small mark, nothing to worry about, it’s a well used mobile child’s dustbin anyway!

slimjim78
    Free Member

it was an accident, the bloke seems a bit of a nob, no real harm done, life goes on

Its done and thankfully your mrs’s isn’t hurt

This fella will continue to act like this, and it’s quite likely a matter of time before he does serious harm to someone.

But it’s ok, let someone else deal with it.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Pregnant wife got knocked today in car park, advise please.’ is closed to new replies.