Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • predictions for 2016….
  • kimbers

Biking

Im sure there is a new wheel size/diameter on the horizon: 650d half fat skinny reverse tread being the new must have, journos favourite

180mm drop dropper posts

naked stw calendar
    Non-biking

Syria conflict will get worse/ spread, + Russia/USA/UK/France will accidentley blow up one anothers planes/troops

more flooding for the UK

tory EU cluctsrfuudge will mean Sadiq Khan becomes mayor of london

matt_outandabout

Biking
    Everyone starts to fall out of love with Shimano brakes.
    Lighter comes back again.
    Colours become less enduro and more earthy.

slowoldman

The world will end on February 31st.

qwerty
    Free Member

12 speed XTR

Pigface
    Free Member

No sex 😥

jam-bo

a new forum.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

2016 will be the same story: the fighting will go on, the hatred, the violence, the senseless brutality, men behaving like animals, Hora etc – and then there’s Singletrackworld.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Donald Trump to win SPOTY
    Queen to snuff it mangled by a combine harvester
    Rio olympics to be cancelled as the world runs out of money to bribe officials

Me still to be shit at biking

senorj

Biking
    I will wear my cx drive train into the ground and have to replace by about February.

Non Biking
    Interest rates will go up 0.25%

MoreCashThanDash

I will fail to achieve any of my goals. Again.

matt_outandabout

+3kg 😕

bombjack
    Free Member

Biking – It’ll be a shitty wet spring and summer, however no-one will stop trying to ride my local trails and they’ll end up 4ft wide and ruined by the time the “Indian Summer” rolls around next November. Fox will also invent a 17mm axle standard with boost ++ spacing just to piss everyone off.

Kryton57

My new job will go so well you’ll see me as one of Alan Sugar’s new aides this time next year.

I didn’t categorise my post as it fulfils both of the OP’s categories as me & Alan launch the AmStraddle together.

40mpg

Biking – recumbents become the Next Big Thing in all variants from road, CX, XC, DH and Fat. Main reason is you can put a lid on it and keep dry as it will rain from now until March 1st when it will be 35 degrees for 3 days, then a massive thunderstorm and rain until August when it snows.

Non-Biking – I’m A Jihadi Get Me Out Of Here becomes the immediate no 1 rated show around the world, and as they’r all vying for airtime in a bid to blow up a bit of rainforest they forget about the rest of the world and all wars end.

Or something.

fasthaggis

A wheelsize will die.

As gravel bikes take over,Jedi will be inundated with requests for skilzlight courses, so that people can cope with mixed surface riding.

Offroad sportives will be the next big thing.Avoid 😉

coolhandluke
    Free Member

655C will be the new wheel size, basically 28″

Some suckers will lap it up.

We’ll see pressure alterations “on the fly” will start to come out so you can have hard tyres for going up, soft for riding down then touch a lever and they go up again. Air stored in a bladder within the rim. Of course, we’ll all need new rims though

project
    Free Member

Top gear will be back annd it will be a flop compared tot he classic old one,

a bike magazine will cease publication or be merged with another mag

cameroon will resign or be told to leave, and sudenly get a new job with a bank,

huge rise in redundancies and company closures,

intrest rates rise, forcing a glut of empty by to lets being repoed,

electric assist bikes become the new love child of the bike magazines,

bikebouy
    Free Member

Biking – all the 60mm stubbie stems will be used for the spare bodge parts for the Forth Road Bridge, leaving only 120mm minimum to become the next big thing.

Non biking – BBC will become PAYG.

winston
    Free Member

Free Maxxis calendar with every Singletrack subscription

brooess
    Free Member

I predict that everyone’s predictions will fail to come true 🙂

The only thing can predict with certainty is:
    a) My ride to work is about to become much more relaxing as I move to Milton Keynes in a couple of weeks – cycle lanes all the way from home to work
    b) My hill climbing ability is about to die. MK and the environs look horribly flat to me, especially compared to my current club runs around Kent and the North Downs

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

The 4.5/2.5 diet

Some biking

Much bickering

benji
    Free Member

26+ will be the next big thing in wheel sizes.

Gravel races will be the new big race thing as enduro has priced it’s way or of the market.

Olympic committee will be found to be corrupt and fraudulent.

Mercedes will become the new Audi.

lazybike
    Free Member

Biking- pain suffering happiness and joy

Non Biking- see above.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Biking…..wheels will remain the standard circular shape
    Non biking….global warming caused by diesel cars.

crapjumper
    Free Member

I’ll still be crap at jumps

matt_outandabout

Shimano announce 2018 for Deore 11 speed. Ya boo sucks.

MrOvershoot

benji – Member
    26+ will be the next big thing in wheel sizes.

Oh good as I have some old 2.4″ Schwalbe NN’s that are huge

benji – Member
    Mercedes will become the new Audi.

Even better as I decided against a Merc and have a Volvo on order 🙂

MrOvershoot

Though I predict I will still love bikes but sadly not ride them enough 🙁

P-Jay
    Free Member

Bike wise:

The DH WC series will be a 3-way fight between Ratboy, Bruni and a resurgent Hill, but none of them will win Worlds – R. Atherton will take up track racing, hopefully she’ll have more luck than Dan in getting to the olympics.

I’ll finally by my first new, new bike in October, it will be absolutely up to date with every new standard and completely obsolete when the 2017 bikes come out a week later.

Non Bike.

Interests rates at 1% by year-end. Inflation at 3%, recession by Q3 2017.

Corbyn will either resign or purge his way to complete acceptance in the shadow cabinet. Cameron’s replacement will be all but confirmed as Boris – they’ll spend the next 3 years arguing over when CMD will stand down – Boris will want 2 years as PM before GA, CMD will want till Winter ’19 it will hurt the party a lot. UKIP will be forgotten and the Lib Dems will slowly reappear on the radar.

There will be another large scale terrorist attack in the West – a lot of people will die and the world will hold its breath, new slogans and symbols wil be created and many words exchanged – 3 times as many people will be killed in mass shootings in the US during the 12 months, nothing will change.

The focus in taxation and emissions will shift from Petrol to Diesel in the UK, creating a small bonanza for dealers as worried owners unaffected by the changes will panic buy patrols.

maccruiskeen

Im sure there is a new wheel size/diameter on the horizon:

Changes in wheel size are so middle of the second decade of the 21st Century. 2016 is going to all about new wheel shapes

And talking of new shapes: and oval chainrings? Thats only the start

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfTFz79IEz4[/video]

wrecker
    Free Member

Biking; all major frame manufacturers will state how 650+ is faaaar superior to anything we have ever known and cease manufacture of all other wheelsizes forthwith. they will ensure that hub sizes are changed so that we can’t use out existing kit for optimal performance with the new super wheelsize and parts manufacturers will follow suit, leading to all existing kit being worth a minimal amount on the resale market.
    Non biking; Boobies will become prohibited. Discussions around, looking at and certainly the displaying of said bodyparts will be punishable by life sentence imprisonment under EU law.

ninfan
    Free Member

Bike: Explosion in ‘actually quite reasonable’ E-bikes at £1-2k

Non Bike:

colournoise

Bikes. People will ride them for shits and giggles while a small minority argue incessantly about how brilliant (or not) new stuff is.

Not bikes. Some good stuff will happen. Some bad stuff will happen. Most folks will just get on with it…

stewartc
    Free Member

Di2 will trickle down to the XT range
    MTB shoes will get brighter
    Luddites will roam the countryside smashing any e-bikes they see

nickc

Non-biking
    Syria will be a bit of a mess, it will be propagandised as a stunning victory for democracy (see Libiya, Iraq, Afghanitsan etc etc), we will have found another country to bomb. Trump won’t win the Rep nomination, and will say he never wanted the job anyway. The Housing bubble will burst. The Tories will argue over Europe.

Biking
    Aaron Gwin to win the DH mens, Rachel to win Womens. Froome will win Giro, pull out of Tour. SLX will go 1×11, XT to have electronic version. Rockshox/SRAM/Avid will become one brand name. Someone will die at Rampage

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

its going to be warmer
    its going to be wetter
    Bear grylls will have a bike range in halfords
    tyson fury to be the face of sports direct and have a new rainbow range of sports wear.

Much willy / fanny waving on the forum where most of us will be depressed and vow never to have a drink with someone we dont know.

The government decide that the new proposed runway will just be widening the m25 and now have dual use for cars and 747s.

STW creates a charity calendar with nekid riders on full susses and rigid hardtails

maccruiskeen

You will meet a tall dark stranger. But you won’t recognise him.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘predictions for 2016….’ is closed to new replies.