Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Prayer walking
  • xcgb
    Free Member

Just seen on social networking that some friends have completed a prayer walk.

Never heard of it had to look it up

I wonder if there is a MTB version! And if they can hear a bike behind them if they are chanting out loud 🙂

How to prayerwalk

fourbanger
    Free Member

Is this a swingers thing?

theboycopeland
    Free Member

I often find myself praying when I’m riding my bike. Mostly ‘please let me get down this hill in one piece’. I also thank God for the amazing trails I’m riding, for the friends I’m riding with and on the odd occasion the wonderful british weather!!!

xcgb
    Free Member

Found this

Cyclist Prayer

With a prayer on my lips, I ride

Before we ask for our needs, we take stock of what we have. Before anything we may pray for, we give thanks:

that we can ride
    that the day is ours to ride
    that our family, friends and neighbors can join us

Whatever we may ask for, let us first be mindful of what we have. What we have can be taken away.

If we should ask, let us ask for what cannot be bought or sold:

appreciation of nature’s beauty
    to hear the music to which all life dances
    deep breaths of fresh air
    strengthening our heart and lungs
    clearing our mind
    health
    space to face and resolve our inner conflicts
    bestowing courtesy
    a gentle tread upon our path on earth
    pleasant memories as we lie down at night

These are the blessings we ask.

It is easier for the cyclist to be humble — on a bike, all are equal. May we ride enough that we are reminded of this.

When we ride, let us spread good cheer. Not all can ride, so may our good cycling karma flow far and wide. Cycling is a subtle force benefiting the planet.

Lastly, let us not forget those who came before or those to come after. What we enjoy today results from the work of those before us. Generations to come rely on the choices we make today.

May we ride.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Prayer walking’ is closed to new replies.