Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Pratchett fans.. got your pre-orders in?
  • z1ppy

Snuff due to be release on the 13th… 10 days to do!

I’ve find that Amazon actually/usually manage to get the pre-order stuff delivered to your door, on the day of release… (I hope this is the case this time)

Note: Other online resellers or proper book stores are available!

13thfloormonk

Meh, can’t really be bothered with them now, the last five or six I’ve read haven’t really been worth it (Unseen Academicals was particularly ‘by-the-numbers’). Understandable given the circumstances 🙁 but I won’t be clamouring to get hold of any new ones.

Whats ‘Snuff’ about anyway, Ankh Morpork vs. Big Tobacco?

Pigface
    Free Member

I liked Unseen Academicals, Monsterous Regiment I was dissapointed with.

z1ppy

No I wouldn’t say they have the same magic that they used to have, some are definitely better than others, but still clever and entertaining to me*.

* That’s not necessarily hard though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ll read it. Waiting for paperback, though!

Jasper Fforde is doing it for me at the moment. Very clever, very bonkers.

portlyone

I quite liked the Tiffany Aching line of books.

Will buy Snuff too, wonder how many he has left in him??

yunki
    Free Member

I saw him at Paignton Zoo earlier in the year with a film crew heading for the gorilla house.. anyone know what he was filming for..?

16stonepig
    Free Member

I thought Academicals was a bit flimsy too actually. Again, considering the situation I’m not too surprised – a bit saddened maybe.

13thfloormonk

What were the ‘Tiffany Aching’ books?

and Jasper Fforde?

Think the last one I really liked was the one about the newspaper.

Going postal was alright (and I thought Tamsin Greig was a genius piece of casting in the T.V. adaptation).

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    z1ppy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiffany_Aching

Books:
    The Wee Free Men
    Also in A Hat Full of Sky,
    Wintersmith,
    I Shall Wear Midnight

RustySpanner

Paperback for me too.

Re reading the lot at the mo, up to Moving Pictures, which is much better than I remember.

Though Monstrous Regiment was superb, would like to see more of Borogravia.

Thought I Shall wear Midnight was one of his best, tbh, love the Tiff Aching stuff.

z1ppy

trouble with paperback for me, is they fall apart.. as I like re-reading

anyway just got my shipping notification from Amazon… this is why high street shops just can’t compete. Amazon have sold cheaper, and will deliever it to my door on the day of release.

inigomontoya
    Free Member

So, worth getting it? What’s the stw verdict?

miketually
    Free Member

I’m about half way through the copy I bought in a real world bookshop on Saturday. Liking it so far; Vimes is ace.

Lots of people didn’t like Unseen Academicals, but some loved it: http://boingboing.net/2009/11/11/pratchetts-unseen-ac.html

z1ppy

Sorry missed the question… yes for me it was, not laugh out funny (none since the oringals have done that TBH) but had me giggling and I do like Vimes stories.

Cougar

I liked Unseen Academicals, so it must’ve been good as I can’t abide football. Won’t be running out to buy Snuff, but I’ll probably get it on paperback.

Jasper Fforde is doing it for me at the moment. Very clever, very bonkers.

I got Shades Of Grey on a whim a little while back, and thought it was tremendous. Got forever to wait for the sequels though. *sadface* I got the first of the Thursday Next and Nursery Crime series on the back of SoG. Enjoyed both, but SoG was better.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Pratchett fans.. got your pre-orders in?’ is closed to new replies.