Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • PPI how can i calculate it?
  • nasher
    Free Member

im pretty hopeless with my accounts and have just found out i have been paying nearly 200 wuid a year fir the past 12 years.

so based on average interrst rates and this 8% the govmt is on about how much compo am i likely to get?

tried looking online but its all compo companies

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Surely the first question is did/do you need PPI and were you mis-sold it?

nasher
    Free Member

dont need it… didnt realise i had it….

john_drummer
    Free Member

dont need it… didnt realise i had it….

missold in one

there should be somewhere on the bank/BS homepage about mis-selling of PPI. follow their instructions and if you believe you’ve been mis-sold a PPI policy, submit a claim directly to the bank/BS. Do not go through any of these fly by night claims cowboys; I heard somewhere that 80% of the “claims” they submit have more holes than a leaky colander

thekingisdead
    Free Member

/ thread steal

How would I know if I’m paying for PPI?

santacruzsi
    Free Member

thekingisdead: ring the appropriate financial institution and ask them. They should give you the details of your accounts etc.

john_drummer
    Free Member

get them to provide a breakdown of your monthly payment to mortgage/bank loan/credit card/etc.

If there’s no PPI it should be just “interest” and “capital”.

sc-xc

My wife claimed herself, because she only ever had 1 CC. She got 2.2k back.

I have had loads over the years, and have no record of any of them – or in most cases even remember who they were with…I just know I have always been in borrowing money!

I’m going to use a company to do it…I wouldn’t know where to start.

Drac

sc-xc a good place to start is here.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Everything you need to know is here :

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Basically get a free credit report from experian etc (join up and cancel within 30 days)
    Then call up / send letter to bank asking for details
    If they don’t provide them send a SAR letter and £10 (basically a letter asking them to give you every single piece of info they hold (data protection laws etc). The £10 covers costs.
    Then once you have this, use the info to fill in the standard template You find here :
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi/PPI-consumer-questionnaire.doc

Then wait …..
    This is all the claims basta&5s do anyway and take a big cut. I have absolutely zero legal / financial background and have successfully claimed £870 from barclaycard, £280 from virgin and just had claim approved for £987 from egg! Do it!!!! If you need any help PM me 🙂

Good luck

sc-xc

Cheers – so even if I can’t remember who the loans/cards were with – the experian report will tell me this?

Drac

From what I gather yes, I keep meaning to do it myself but never got my self sorted.

sc-xc

Right then…let’s do it.

The clock is ticking….

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Yeah do it! You can try this free credit report site first :

https://www.noddle.co.uk/

But experian and equifax go deeper. They will have details of closed loans / credit agreements. Remember even if the original bank has been sold / dissolved / destroyed etc then you can still claim. For example egg ppi credit card stuff being handled by barclaycard and loans by Canada square ….all the info is on google. Takes a bit of time but it’s really not that hard to do! I found it quite fun actually 🙂

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Remember the time limit thing is bollocks …it is easier to claim for loans that have ended in last 6 years but not impossible for loans 6,7,8, 10 years +! I know of someone who claimed for a loan ending in 2001. The 6 month thing relates to an active loan! You could for example have taken a loan out in 1995…so long as it was still active (ie being paid back) in 2006 you will have a claim.

sc-xc

Cheers, just logging into experian now.

It says it only goes back 6 years – is that the time limit for claims?

john_drummer
    Free Member

ABOUT YOU
    ID VERIFICATION
    YOUR NEW ACCOUNT
    ACTIVATE ACCOUNT
    ID Verification

Your card details are required to verify your identity. As your credit report contains such personal and important financial information it’s essential that we only make it available to the right person.

Don’t worry your card will NOT be charged at any time – your Noddle credit report is free for life.

Please remember, if you enter invalid details we won’t be able to match your details and provide your report.

yeah, right. call me cynical, but why do they need your card’s security code if they’re not going to charge?

doncorleoni
    Free Member

I think it is just to validate your identity. Not had a problem with it personally – if you have an issue with it…just don’t use it!!!

Experian and equifax are much more detailed anyway so suggest those are better 🙂

Drac

yeah, right. call me cynical, but why do they need your card’s security code if they’re not going to charge?

So they know it’s your card.

scotchegg
    Free Member

I really need to do this. Experien here I come.

Pieface

Will the credit report have details of the PPI though, as if you don’t have the paperwork all the credit report will do is confirm your loan details

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I doubt I have anything worth claiming as most of my use of credit cards or bank loans were over 6 years ago.
    Bugger!

Drac

I doubt I have anything worth claiming as most of my use of credit cards or bank loans were over 6 years ago.
    Bugger!

People are winning in claims from over 6 years ago.

br
    Free Member

This is all the claims basta&5s do anyway and take a big cut. I have absolutely zero legal / financial background and have successfully claimed £870 from barclaycard, £280 from virgin and just had claim approved for £987 from egg!

And did you know that for each of those claims the financial institution paid £1000 to the FSA… 🙄

jota180
    Free Member

http://www.checkmyfile.com/

Is another one with a free trial, it supposedly checks all of the main agencies rather than just the one.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘PPI how can i calculate it?’ is closed to new replies.