Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • powerpoint experts
  • white101

Daughter has to put together a powerpoint presentation which includes a video and soundtrack (school homework) how does she save it to the presentation and what are the copyright issues she should avoid?

I should point out I can barely log onto this website without getting into trouble and therefore I'm useless in this matter

donsimon
    Free Member

So, the schools are responsible for the dependance on Powerpoint. 🙄

Hopefully she can use the words of our wonderful and rich language to communicate her ideas without the need for Powerpoint. This doesn't answer your questions though.

To the first, I haven't got a clue, I hate Powerpoint presentations, can you tell?

To the second, what music/videos does she want to use. If she want to download something from Youtube, I would imagine a request to the person who made it would be a good start. If it's commercial, same again and see what happens.
    There are plenty of up and coming bands who would probably let you use their music, ask them.
    As the project is a school project and therefore non-profit making, I would guess that you won't have any issues though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

donsimon
    Free Member

Everyone seems to know that Flash, yet they still throw the same Powerpoint loaded krap. 😉

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

IIRC you can ignore copyright for a school project as long as you stick a link to the original on somewhere.

My powerpoint seems to have deleted itself and I can't remember off hand how to put videos onto it, can't be that difficult because everyone in my class at school figured it out a couple of years back!

Junkyard
    Free Member

click on help in power point and type insert a video

IT secrets here

folow instructions from either
    Copyright fine for private study/research iirc. Source original and copyright holder

spacemonkey

She should check the original copyrights of any contents she includes, e.g. images, or embeds, e.g. video. Seeing as it's educational (and not commercial) she should be okay so long as she includes a credit somewhere in the "show."

She should be able to embed video via Insert > Movie Clip > name of video. Which version of PPT is she using? Which format is the video in?

avdave2

Remember that unless you are using 2010 you are not actually inserting or embedding the video but just the link to it. Therefore put the presentation and the video clip into one folder before you insert it. Put the folder on the desktop and you shouldn't have too much trouble in transferring from one desktop to another.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘powerpoint experts’ is closed to new replies.