Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Power Balance bands
  • mudpup
    Free Member

Anyone got one?
    Does it work?
    What does it do?

Cougar

Scam. Next!

Cougar

Sorry, answering your questions,

No,
    No,
    Extracts money from fools.

mudpup
    Free Member

Have you tried one?

Cougar

No, because I’m not gullible.

mudpup
    Free Member

Oh
    Thats sort of undermined your cred a bit i’m afraid
    I saw a demo in a shop done on 4 people – every one showed an improvement in balance and flexibility – i’m just not sure how it works though.

Cougar

Google the “Placebo Effect.” That’s how it works.

If you’re going to argue that you can wear a hologram on your wrist that’s somehow ‘in tune with your natural harmonics’ for health benefits… well, let’s look at that:

A hologram is a picture. Might as well carry a photograph of your cat.

Natural harmonics / energy field / yadda yadda is mumbo jumbo invented by people selling tat.

Assuming for a moment that you’re daft enough to accept that all of the above is true and “finely tuned holograms” do enhance your “energy field” – one size fits all? REALLY? We’re all the same? Damn, if I was marketing these I’d be selling a consultancy to measure your aura as a bare minimum, wasted opportunity.

Cougar

(all other things being equal – ask yourself, how hard would it be to give a demo like that and have four stooges in the audience to ‘volunteer’?)

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Haha, haha, hahaha; Thump.

Oh, that must have been my inferior balance that just made me fall off my chair.

mudpup
    Free Member

They werent stooges – i knew one of the volunteers and he had nothing to do with the shop.
    They repeated the tests a few times on each person to disprove the “i knew what was coming so my body adjusted itself” argument – they still improved with the band on.

backhander
    Free Member

I don’t have one but I have seen and taken part in the tests.
    I cannot explain it, but these specific tests work I swear.
    Without the band, I was off balance quickly. With the band; one my mates (not a salesman) was hanging off my arm as I just stood there. We repeated the tests, swapping people and not telling the person putting pressure on the wearer if the person was wearing the band or not. Worked EVERY time, no duff.
    Haven’t bought one though.

crikey
    Free Member

You will never go broke underestimating the stupidity of the general public.

Fueled
    Free Member

I’m with Cougar on this one, put it in the same category as homeopathy. If the things really work, then why has nobody won a Nobel prize?

I’m serious. If there was anything in it, it would turn everything we know about physics on its head and would be the greatest advancement since the work of Marie Curie, if not greater.

The fact that the manufactures stayed away from any rigorous testing and went down the road of slapping it onto a rubber bracelet and selling them to gullible fools for $30 on the internet tells me all I want to know.

Kahurangi

I don’t have one because I’m not stupid.

HTH

Seriously, you need to understand the Placebo Effect.

Cougar

Problem with demos like that is there’s no control group to separate the results from Placebo.

Blindfold the volunteers, give half a powerband and half a regular bracelet that feels the same. Look for marked differences.

brant
    Free Member
    mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Try Googling ‘Power Balance’ and see how many links it throws up about them being a scam.

Seriously – can any right-thinking adult believe that a hologram can help them balance?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Power Balance says the holograms on either side of the wrist react with the body’s energy flow and tune its frequency to the ideal 7.83 hertz required to power the body.

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Actually though…

I might get one and see if I can stop falling over when drunk.

krag
    Free Member

I was waiting for something in the Francois Baud bike shop in Morzine and a family walked in spending gazillions of Euro’s on overpriced pads n stuff. The woman had a field day selling them each one of these power bands and did the same tests mentioned above, balancing on one leg and having people pull on their arms and stuff.

To be fair they all seemed to be better with the band on but it’s got to be more placebo than anything else surely?

Cougar

I know how they work.

Wiggle are selling a pack of replacement holograms for 60 quid, thereby lightening the side of your body that carries your wallet by around sixty pounds, returning a natural state of equilibrium to your person.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Snake Oil. With replaceable snake 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Wiggle are selling a pack of replacement holograms for 60 quid, thereby lightening the side of your body that carries your wallet by around sixty pounds, returning a natural state of equilibrium to your person.

Are you saying that the hologram runs out? (Or should I say do the makers claim this??????)

toys19
    Free Member

Brants link tells you everything you need to know.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Its real people, I was delievered a defective Power Balance band that tuned my body to 198 kHz. I started picking up Radio Four in my right testicle. I’ve since been sent a replacement, and I can now balance on the head of a pin.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I started picking up Radio Four in my right testicle

LMFAO!!!!!

stanfree
    Free Member

I met a friend of mine who I hadn’t seen In a few years In the summer who has invested In these bands . he was in the process of quitting a well paid job being an agent for A High end road bike manufacturer to sell these bands and a clothing range which uses this technology 😳 . The demonstartion did look good and my wife was fooled , being a sceptic and tight arse I came home and googled some vids on the subject and realised It was a scam . I was more annoyed that he wass trying to pass these off to his mates when he obviously knows Its bollocks.
    Ive not heard from him since but hope he hasn’t quit his job.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I don’t get it. Are people actually buying these things?

I thought it was an April fools joke until I realised we’re fast approaching the middle of October.

Sounds like its time I dusted off my Power Fall Beer Bucket (TM) idea. The demo in the shop would involve drinking a bucket of beer from my patented hologram encrusted beer bucket (also available in neoprene for no apparent reason) and then showing potential customers how easy it is to fall over after completing the simple beer downing exercise. There are some proven health benefits that I haven’t quite finished making up yet but I’m sure I could make millions.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I still say the bestest ever thing sold to witless individuals has to be the solar-powered washing line.

(If this really happened – it’s a bit of a shaggy dog story I heard as a young child).

🙂

hels
    Free Member

Some other stuff that is made up, but much funnier !

toys19
    Free Member

That all blacks vid is very good.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Power Balance bands’ is closed to new replies.