Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Powdercoating a steel Dog Cage
  • simmy
    Free Member

Can it be done ?

It’s a bit rusty as its been outside for a while and I first thought about spraying it with Hammerite but then considered Powdercoating.

It’s one of them which goes in the rear of the car and can fit a Labrador comfortably so any ideas on a rough price so I don’t get ripped off ?

Thanks

philconsequence
    Free Member

probably cheaper to get a new one off ebay!

oh and the dogs trust want you to use the term ‘indoor kennel’ because cage/crate/box-of-shame all have negative connotations to people who dont know what they’re talking about 😀

wwaswas

you’d have to get it blasted prior to coating – and it’ll be expensive because of the size of the item.

As above, unlikely you could do it for much less than the price of a new one.

drummer
    Free Member

Wirebrush it. Aerosol of Smoothrite …total coat just over a tenner !

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Will the dog care if its powdercoated or not?

simmy
    Free Member

Cheers guys

Will get some Hammerite and a wire brush and sort it that way.

petrieboy

be interested to hear how you get on, we’ve got a cage than only comes out for camping trips which has gone the same way.

richc
    Free Member

The negative stuff from caging your dog comes from people who use it for punishment or to have a quiet evening.

My one of my dogs came from a house where the cage was for punishment, hence if you try/tried to put him into it he became a bitey whirlwind of destruction.

Personally I don’t like them, as they turn into a crutch people use to get around other issues similar to flexi leads.

Back to the point I would expect to pay 80 quid to have it shot blasted and powder coated so eBay would be cheaper.

nick1962
    Free Member

Dogs Trust advise removing your dog from the cage before shotblasting and powder coating it,the cage obviously.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Powdercoating a steel Dog Cage’ is closed to new replies.