Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Powder Coating
  • Shorty121
    Free Member

Does anyone know of Powder coating frames in the Buxton, Derbyshire area?

Shorty121
    Free Member

No one have any ideas?

From personal experience I would go to your LBS, ask if they can do it for you, or if they can recommend someone. I once got a frame done by a powder coating company and it was absolute bobbins (bead from the bead blasting inside the frame), I recently got a frame done by Bob Jacksons in Leeds, proper job £70 single colour.
    Depends what kind of finish you're after, you could always just strip the frame and spray can it yourself using a galvafroid primer and then a hard hat top coat.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member
    Bregante

I seem to recall that 18bikes in Hope use a powdercoater that they recommend

robh

I believe Hope use Windridge in Kent they were a LOT cheaper when I used them 2 or 3 years ago.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Its worth checking with a powder coater then argos of Bob jacksons, as a cycle specific place are likely to do a better job,

I took a frame in to be powder coated and explaned which bits needed to be protected etc, and they did't take enough care, I now pay the little extra and get Bob Jacksons to do it,

Shorty121
    Free Member

Ah cool looking good It's just an old frame at the back of the shed I don't want to spend loads on it, just enough to get it up and running

cbrsyd
    Free Member

Used Triple S in Bingley for various motorbike bits and they are top quality + quote about £50 for a mountain bike frame. Here

http://www.triple-s.co.uk/prices.htm

takisawa2

I could get it done matt black for nowt at our place. Only black mind and you'll have to strip it.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Takisawa sent you a email

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Powder Coating’ is closed to new replies.