Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Powder coat my summer season?
  • Olly
    Free Member

quite enjoy my summer season, as a slack hacker.
    Single speed, bomb proof 120mm mx comps, flat pedals. a good giggle all in all.

except its lemon yellow (which was cool for a bit, but never has sat quite right)
    can i be bothered to get it coated gloss black, with no markings or badges?
    would look ninja as ferk.
    cheeky trails are fine if you’re on a black bike, obviously… 😉

or a waste of money on what is a cheap frame, as a weekday hack bike…

got any black bikes with no markings?
    any black summer seasons?

(i would also take a file to the rough burrs on ALL the pre stamped parts (dropouts, iscg mounts, etc etc)

mocha
    Free Member

if it’s just a £40 powdercoat then it’s probably worth it to get it how you like it, eh?

Mugboo

I’m useless at this photo stuff, drop me an email and I’ll send you a photo or two.

Mines an early raw finish powdercoated met black with stealth grey on one stickers 🙂

Email in profile

takisawa2

If your near me I could get it done matt black for nowt, providing its properly stripped.

jonba
    Free Member

do it.

I got my 456 powdercoated 18 months ago. It was looking really tatty. It’s now candy apple red (inspired by chumba HX1 of the time).

It felt like getting a new bike and now rides 1.535% faster than before 😉

simon1975

Do it! I took all the geary braze-ons off my Inbred before having it coated. But I wish I’d spent a bit more time tidying up the stamped dropout plates, so think hard before you take it in so that you get everything right!

Olly
    Free Member

i considered that simon, seems a bit daft though if its a regular dropout frame? i COULD take a dremel to them and “convert” them to zip tie type connections, which are much tidier i think (i personally think ALL brazeons on that type of frame should be the zip ones)
    as i might want to put gears on it when i decide im not getting out on it enough and cant hack single speed.

think i might sit on it over the winter, get it properly tatty (its not that old actually :oops:)

how much did you pay?

where are you takisawa2 ? (though gloss would be preferred actually i think)

ALSO, if im gonna fork out for a respray, black kind of seems half arsed (even though it is the colour i want)

simon1975

£35 to strip and spray frame and fork at W H Paints in Mansfield. I made sure everything was masked (installed old headset, seatpost, BB, bottle and rack bolts). Black should be even cheaper!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Powder coat my summer season?’ is closed to new replies.