Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pots for stove
  • keppoch

I have an Alpkit Kraku stove:
    https://www.alpkit.com/products/kraku

But no pots to put on it. What would people recommend for lightweight walking/bikepacking trips?

I saw this:
    http://www.simplyhike.co.uk/products/Optimus/CruxWeekendHEStove.aspx?gclid=CjwKEAiAlvilBRC5ueCzkpXb4kgSJADxop1BlkFJbYLhPuTwQ5dGU_mFT7P8zLQz4dUcqx9VS0IlCRoCXEjw_wcB

but not sure the heat exchanger bit would fit around the stove.

stumpy01

Knowing this place, Le Creuset….

😆

(sorry)…..

chewkw
    Free Member

Zebra stainless steel billy can or any of the Zebra brand stainless steel stuff.

peterfile
    Free Member

I switched to Primus Eta pan a while back (it’s big enough so that my stove and fuel fits inside). Really, really recommend it. The heat exchanger really does seem to make a difference.

It’s quickened my boil times and I find it easier to use in inclement weather…like in last weekends mega cold and windy camp…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Knowing this place, Le Creuset….

Why buy a £250 bike when you can have one costing £3,000
    Also Le Creuset fail the lightweight test, you need something in a high tech metal just like your special brake levers 😉

rene59
    Free Member

Zebra stainless steel billy can or any of the Zebra brand stainless steel stuff.

Great pots, will last a lifetime, not in anyway lightweight though!

The Alpkit MutiMug/MytiPot/MytiStax options depending on what you want to cook are great value and lightweight.

thebrowndog
    Free Member

^^^ Yep agree the Alpkit titanium pots are pretty good – lot of bikepackers using them.

Also have a look at ultralightourdoorgear.co.uk linky

If the titanium stuff is too pricey, all the good camping stores/websites have nice alu pots that may not be as light, but are certainly tougher, and a lot less expensive.

Get a decent windshield while you are shopping. It will cut your boil time dramatically.

keppoch

the browndog – wow that is a lot of choice!

At this point I would rather get something reasonably priced until I find out what I want exactly. So I guess I may be best going the Alpkit route.

Given that I want enough to make a dinner and a breakfast along with a cup of tea what combo would people recommend. I suppose I would like the capacity to do this for two though I recognise there is a weight space penalty that comes with that.

rene59
    Free Member

What would people recommend for lightweight walking/bikepacking trips?

Given that I want enough to make a dinner and a breakfast along with a cup of tea what combo would people recommend. I suppose I would like the capacity to do this for two though I recognise there is a weight space penalty that comes with that.

If I am going lightwieght then a MytiMug will do me just for boiling water for instant porridge for breakfast and dehydrated/freeze dried meals for dinner, and of course boiling water for tea.

I use http://www.outdoorsgrub.co.uk for ordering dehydrated meals.

If you are wanting to use a wider pot for more cooking options, then I am not so sure the Kraku stove is best for this purpose. Those types of stoves are generally made for boiling water fast and flames are concentrated for narrow/tall type pots. Flame adjustabilty tends not to be great either for varying the temperature for traditional cooking.

For cooking meals (not dehydrated stuff) for two then I would look at a remote canister type stove and a more traditional aluminum camping cookset.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pots for stove’ is closed to new replies.