Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Pots and Pans
  • Conor
    Free Member

Moving this weekend and would like a set of decent, reasonable saucepans and a frying pan.

Thinking three pans and a 24-30cm frying pan.

Saucepans must be stainless steel and not teflon coated, steel (rather than glass) lids, solid metal handles.

I have a great Meyer Anolon frying pan and would get another. But not got much of an idea when it comes to pans, the current set mum has are about £250 for five which is out of budget… Thinkin gmore like sub £100 for three pans.

Cheers 🙂

Any suggestions?

simonjf63
    Free Member

Bourgeat

Stoner
    Free Member

I have Anonlon pans (big set of 8) – theyre the non stick heavy metal things with glass lid ones..so not what you're after…but..

theyre good and heavy and work fine…the problem is you arent supposed to use steel implements or use a dishwasher…well duh. So of course 2 or 3 of them have knackered non-stick coatings…but, strangely, it hasnt effected how they work. Still dont stick, still cook well. So for the time being, we'll stick with ours.

Very reliable.

Conor
    Free Member

Stoner, saw them online. Look good, but with my style of cooking I'm best avoiding teflon. I have the Meyer Anolon hard anodized frying pan, it;s fantastic, going to see if I can hunt down a smaller version for the flat.

This looks the ticket though?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Prestige-Advantage-Cookware-Saucepan-Stainless/dp/B0021L9HM8/

Stoner
    Free Member

conor – sorry thats what I meant, I have the hard annodized ones.

Theyre rock solid, but the anno does come off with aggressive metal implement use (ahem, Mrs Stoner 🙄 ) and the dishwasher makes the outside go a milky colour.

still work fine though.q

iamtheresurrection

Bourgeat. Their Excellence range is excellent value – mine have been bashed around for 10 years and they still look brand new. Tick all of your boxes…

http://www.nisbets.co.uk/products/ProductSubCategory.asp?TopGroupCode=C4&ParentGroupCode=S161

And for the first time ever, I'm going to write 'end of thread'; 'cause it is… 😉

prettygreenparrot

I fancied some really good German or Swiss pans a few years back. Decided that I didn't have enough money and bought some IKEA 365+ pans. They have worked well for the past 6 years or so. SImple, stainless steel. They clean up easily and are tough & so fairly priced that I wouldn't feel bad if I had to replace one. I got a set that does all I need for not much more than I thought I might spend on a couple of the other pans. To cpmpliment these I have a few le creuset 'pots' for casseroling & the like. And a nice, neat Typhoon wok.

Smee
    Free Member

Why stainless? Get yourself a set of meyer circulon pans. debenhams usually have a decent deal on them – 5 pans for a ton or so.

Bourgeat again here, hold the heat really well

Conor
    Free Member

Don't like Non-stick. Don't see the need in a saucepan. Not durable, it will come off eventually. I use steel utensils. Some foods don't react well or cook as well on non-stick (e.g. scrambled eggs). Oh, and I'm hard on my equipment!

The Bourgeat look good but a lot of money. Think I'll go with the Meyer.

Stoner
    Free Member

conor – when I get home I can take some pics of my anolons for you and the condition theyre in after 5 years use?

MrNutt
    Free Member

for a grill pan I'd recommend:

my best mate, a very good chef, has borrowed mine, its lived on/off full heat for three weeks solid and the non stick is still perfect, the same goes for the skillets!

le creuset are very good.

AndyP
    Free Member

Conor
    Free Member

Cheers stoner. Unusual offer, but go for it!!!

MrNutt. I have a nice cast iron griddle and a nice big Le Cruset pot. I don't like thier frying pans or pots though.

AndyP… don't get it….

spacemonkey

See if you can get some le creuset on the cheap – you might find an odd colour on clearance that you like.

AndyP
    Free Member

that's Pots and Pans, that is.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

I got these and I'm very impressed with them.
    Very good value imo.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

TK Max often have V good quality pots, pans and other kitchen stuff at greatly reduced prices. I bought some copper and SS Stellar Laminar pans from there.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Pots and Pans’ is closed to new replies.