Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Potes – Picos de Europa
  • HB47

Has any one riden around Potes , I will be going there for a week on Monday ( with out my bike ) want to know if it is possible to hire an MTB and any recommendations – thanks

slugwash
    Free Member

Do a search on this forum for Picos de Europa. You'll find some relevant info on previous posts.

HB47

thanks will try 😀

woodsman
    Free Member

There is a car repair garage which sells some bike stuff, and hires bikes. It is very basic though so don't expect much in the way of spec. That's about it. A lovely place I'm very envious!

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Yes, there is plenty of good biking around, I spent a week there a few years ago. not as much singletrack as the Alps, but some of the fire roads can keep you entertained for a while, and the scenery is amazing. I know of some singletrack that runs from Arguebanes to Sotres – pretty close to Potes.
    Other than that, pay a visit to the Casa Cayo bar/restaurant in the very centre of town – they have oodles of info and by far the best english speakers in town.
    Have fun

18bikes

HAve been several times, stayed in Llanes, on the coast, and closer to Potes. There's some cracking riding – I'll have a look at a map if i can find it, there's a nice descent that drops you back just outside potes iirc.

Also well well worth it is from the top of fuente de- follow along from Potes, get the cable car up (when we went you had to get there early, they only took bikes on the first few cable car trips) – then follow back down, around, over along to sotres (i think) – ace.

There's a piece in the current singletrack I've not read yet- a glance looks like the area around carres gorge.

Cider and cheese, a must.

Si

Clink

Not much help but i spent 2 weeks walking and climbing there a few years back – fantastic scenery, wildlife etc. Recommended.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Potes – Picos de Europa’ is closed to new replies.