Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Potential discounts on new build?
  • mikeh
    Free Member

As ever, a non bike related query for the font of all knowledge

Any got recent experience of negotiating discounts from developers on new build property? Viewing in the south west at the weekend with a strong interest in buying but suspect a deal could be done (national builder). Thinking 10% but would be good to hear experiences?

Cheers

steve_b77
    Free Member

Also see what you can get thrown in for free, carpets, curtains, white goods not included in the sale, extra discounts.

Scope out how many plots are for sale, if there's still loads go for it all guns blazing, my mate tried it with wimpey.

Managed to ge them to agree on full value part-x, carpets/flooring throughout, curtains and all fees 😆

ridethelakes
    Free Member

If it was me 10% would be the final offer, I would start at 15-20% below asking.

Gooner
    Free Member

as above
    its unlikely that you will get your first offer so ask for a bit more than what you will ultimately accept
    also as previously said look for other option/upgrades to be thrown in

you will get more if you have nothing to sell/already sold and have a mortgage offer

try and find out when their year end is as they will probably be even more willing to do a deal if you can complete before this date

mikeh
    Free Member

cheers for the thoughts, taking the view that don't ask then you don't get so really depends on how cheeky we feel in the morning!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Potential discounts on new build?’ is closed to new replies.