Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Potato Flu
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

The week before last I caught the flu from an Irish friend of mine, I’m pretty resistant to bugs but my god this was unpleasant. I was blessed to have caught the much hyped “bird flu” when it was famous but this variant p*ss*s all over it and then kicks it down the stairs. I have not felt so bad for a very long time, it felt as though my Cochlea’s were falling out of my ears, parts of my brain were boring their way out of my head and I’m coughing like a 60 year old pit donkey.

A users guide:

Day 1 : Starts with a sore throat
    Day 2 : Then a slight cough
    Day 3 : Then you wake up listless
    Day 4 : Exhausted but still not really “ill” – congestion begins
    Day 5 : Utterly Exhausted
    Day 6 : Death Warmed Up
    Day 7 : Leave me alone
    Day 8 : Suffering but feeling 5% better
    Day 9 : Still rough but now about 15% better
    Day 10 : Still rough 20% better
    Day 11 : Still rough 25% better
    Day 12 : Still rough 30% better

During days 6, 7, 8 & 9 I took day nurse/night nurse and without it I would have certainly died (or slept, or moaned, actually just done more of both).

Not fun but if you or your loved ones are getting it, that’s what to expect. No shivers but plenty of aches, too much mucus and a lot of coughing with little sleep at night.

Good luck.

wwaswas

thank goodness you didn’t catch it off a black person – I dread to think what the thread title would have been…

BigJohn

I seem to have a chip on my shoulder this morning. Maybe I coughed it up last night.

My jacket is a bit crispy too.

maccruiskeen

I dread to think what the thread title would have been…

Sweet Potato Flu

BigJohn

Sweet Potato Flu

In Wolverhampton that’s called YamYam flu.

(very specific local knowledge required to understand this, and realise it’s not racist – except to yamyams)

IanMunro
    Free Member

Got it last week (though going though the symptoms at twice the speed) and have been spreading the love around since 😀
    The ear thing has been particularly irritating.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve had a bit of a runny nose, a slight cough and have noticed that my left ear is sufferring when I swim at the moment.

I’m guessing I’ve the “Baby New” version…

toys19
    Free Member

had this twice (Or I just had not got over it when I thought I had if you know what I mean..) about 8weeks ago and 4 weeks ago. Mostly better now. Ease back into it gently.

toys19
    Free Member
    Houns

I have had some kinda flu/chest infection for over 3 weeks, felt like crap. Just about over it now but still wheezing

MrNutt
    Free Member

wwaswas I did, what’s your point?

wwaswas

caught me 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Potato Flu’ is closed to new replies.