• This topic has 32 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Pot Pourri. Why?
  • Harry_the_Spider

What is the point of it? Has anyone on here actually bought some for use in their own house?

We’ve had a cull of unwanted Pot Pourri that has been accumulated over the course of many Christmases and have 13 unopened bags heading for the school Christmas Fair.

If my kids win any of it back I will make them eat it.

BigDummy
    Free Member

MrsDummy uses it. By “uses” I mean “places in bowls in rooms”. I don’t know why, or indeed where it comes from. It’s not grounds for divorce I don’t think.

binners

BigDummy
    Free Member

LOLZ

🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Looks like the OP is making his play for most curmudgeonly STW’er award this Xmas 8)

Harry_the_Spider

I’ll find out where you live and post you some.

sandwicheater

Always thought you had to be retired and had given up on life to own/use the stuff.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Are you and Binners having some kind of grumpy old man competition?

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

it was first used by the tudors to mask shitty smells and suchlike, how bad the smells had to be to be worse that pot poo-rey I don’t know

Mackem

Is it better than pot noodle?

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s great for starting up your Wood Burner, stinks a bit first off but then once the logs take hold it turns normal.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Its better than Not Poodle

Harry_the_Spider

meh.

waihiboy
    Free Member

don’t get me f***** starterd on Pot Pourri…

but there is one more, evil, sickening invention……..

i told the wife if i ever find one of these in the house again it will be divorce.

scotroutes

What do you mean “again”?

Bregante

DaveyBoyWonder – Member

If you think they’re bad on here, stay away from the Monday night pub rides.

Right barrel of laughs….

slowoldgit
    Free Member

HtS – close, very close.

Don’t ever attempt to dispose of pot pourri in a hoover. It blasts the smell throughout the house and you rush to empty the bag. Which, as an average bloke, you’ve never done before. Thus leading to a stinky fluff disaster.

Just don’t.

leffeboy

We’re allowed it again now that Ian Paisley has gone…</old joke>

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Don’t ever attempt to dispose of pot pourri in a hoover. It blasts the smell throughout the house and you rush to empty the bag. Which, as an average bloke, you’ve never done before.

FTFY.

66deg
    Free Member

[/url] photo libre[/img]
    Grumpy!
    Fighting over the same woman causes mood swings.

munrobiker
    Free Member

My wife has smelly candles. Which my nose can ignore. But one of them lights up and changes colour, and she just sits there giggling at it when it does this. Am I missing something?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Assume it’s a sexual hint, every time. What could go wrong?

samuri
    Free Member

but there is one more, evil, sickening invention……..

Nope, nope, you’re wrong, sorry. There is something worse.

emsz
    Free Member

What is the point of it?

If you have to ask, you’ll never understand

Has anyone on here actually bought some for use in their own house?

well, durrr…

bigblackshed

What is pot pourri made from? It looks like the detritus from the bottom of my woodshed. Complete with cobwebs and dead spiders.

And why do I have a bowl of aggregate on my bedside table? What use is it? And why do I need it?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Pot Pourri, insense sticks, smelly candles, Glade fkn plug ins etc… I’m so damn glad my missus hates them all as much as I do.

If your house smells that bad, clean it. Don’t plug things into your sockets to mask it.

gonzy
    Free Member

the wife hates using air fresheners so we started to use the dreaded pot pouri….simply because she had a few nice vases she reckoned would look good scattered about filled with the stuff…then the kids would start throwing them around which annoyed her as much as it annoyed me.
    so all the bowls have gone…but we still have one of those airwick automatic spray things which randomly puffs a bit of scent out. its on the dvd shelf ad if you walk near and time it wrong you get a blast in the face which i’ve been the unlucky victim on more than one ocassion. once our supply of the refills are finished they will end up in the bin…as she now fancies using scented oils… 😯

MrWoppit
    Free Member

No no no no no.

lesgrandepotato

It’s fine with a bit of gravy

cinnamon_girl

You forgot to mention diffusers Harry!

Me I love pot pourri, candles and diffusers. There can never be enough gorgeous smells in my home. 😉

Cougar

she now fancies using scented oils…

I’m quite partial to the old essential oil burner.

I’ll hand my testicles in on the way out, shall I?

vickypea
    Free Member

I thought pot pourri was a 1980s fad, never to be seen stinking and gathering dust since?
    I do like the smell of beeswax candles though!

Muke
    Free Member

It gives drunken fools something to snack on at parties 😳

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Pot Pourri. Why?’ is closed to new replies.