Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Postpeople and residents that receive lots of parcels
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member

At what point does it get annoying for those who deliver? I seem to get a package every other day and the chap’s always happy. What’s normal? Do you groan at the admin involved in handling certain people’s parcels?

bruneep

It keeps him/her in a job.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

In the same way dropping litter keeps cleansing staff in a job? I don’t think RM makes much money on parcels?

scotroutes

You’re right. We should all stop sending and receiving parcels and letters so the posties can enjoy their job more (while it lasts)

glasgowdan
    Free Member

They are QUESTIONS! Inviting posties to respond 🙂 STW should be renamed presumption towers

lizzz
    Free Member

My take on things is that if you’re usually in to take the parcels… no bother. Happy postie.

If you’re one of those people who gets loads of parcels, are never in and have no ‘safeplace’ for things to be left then I hope you burn in hell.

🙂

squirrelking
    Free Member

My wife hates our postie, him and his cheerfulness at THAT time of day!

I can only presume there’s some Kool-Aid involved somewhere to make somebody that habitually happy in their work.

daftvader
    Free Member

People who get loads of parcels can be a pain, but you get to know them and some of us have a bit of a laugh with the customers… We are also usually happy to be outside and away from the office. Plus if someone is in why be surley about it as you are getting rid of a parcle and no longer need to carry it. I also enjoy being bright and cheerful to clearly hungover people 😈

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Nice one daftvader! What do you consider ‘loads’ of parcels?

hora
    Free Member

Imagine you lived in Bradford and received lots of FedEx parcels..

ThePinkster

My wife hates our postie, him and his cheerfulness at THAT time of day!

What’s wrong with being cheerful after 11am? 😉

We’re lucky to see a postman much before lunch these days TBH. Would love to see one before I leave for work but think that’s highly unlikely where I live. This is why I get my parcels delivered to the office.

daftvader
    Free Member

It depends really… I have some people on my delivery who get 5 or more a day every day. Others get 2-3 a day.Its most annoying when people aren’t in, but if you have somewhere the packets can be safely left then that’s even better… We are now encouraged to go to neighbours with parcels (especially tracked as they are used for performance data) unless a signature is required. this may not sound like a lot but consider that where I am the delivery is around 700-1300 houses between 2 people and takes up to 4 and a half hours to complete. As for seeing the postie before going to work… Unfortunately we have 3 or so hours sorting and prep before going on delivery and many offices don’t start work till 6:30 or even later, my latest start is 7:15 which impacts on the time we get out.

ThePinkster

TBH that wasn’t meant as a dig at posties as I know how things have been over- tightened hours & staff wise for you.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Is it a quiet day today in Glasgow, Dan?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Mine rides, and I tip him well at christmas. Winner winner

daftvader
    Free Member

That’s OK pinkster… I didn’t take it as such… Just thought I’d let people know what’s what with delivery span/sorting. We use cans now which is a bugger as I used to fix the bikes, I did get a whole lot of park tools tho when they shut the work shop as they were going in the skip!!! 😯

daftvader
    Free Member

Meant to say we use vans…..

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

I can only presume there’s some Kool-Aid involved somewhere to make somebody that habitually happy in their work.

Bored lonely housewives? 😉

daftvader
    Free Member

Once or twice :mrgreen: but not since being with mrsvader….

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Postpeople and residents that receive lots of parcels’ is closed to new replies.