Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Posting a Reverb
  • antares
    Free Member

I need to post a Reverb back to CRC for a warranty claim. I know about the infamous “shock binning” by Royal Mail. Would a Reverb fall under the same category as a rear shock? And am I best to use another courier?

Thanks

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Use the free returns via collect+

antares
    Free Member

In an email regarding the warranty claim it says. “If the item being returned under warranty is validated as a warranty claim then your postage will be refunded at the Royal Mail First Class or Standard Parcel postage costs.” At first I wondered why I couldn’t use Collect plus, but I’m guessing that if they deem it’s not a warranty issue then they’re not prepared to pick up the cost of me returning the reverb, but if it is I’ll get a refund of the postage costs.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Oddly enough, I’ve just sent a reverb back to crc for warranty. I had the same email about getting a credit for postage. I sent it collect+ anyway.

Watch this space.

As for stuff getting binned by royalmail, isn’t there a good chance they’ll be the middleman anyway? Fingers crossed for my post and yours.

antares
    Free Member

Rob, as I see it the free returns via collect plus is for new, unused items only. But if it’s good enough for Onzadog them it’s good enough for me 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

The way I see it, if it’s a warranty, they don’t need to bother refunding postage, if it’s not, I’m guessing their contract with collect+ is cheaper than royalmail anyway.

st

I’ve just had a shock delivered to JTech no trouble. When asked at the counter what it was I stated cycle parts.

mkidley
    Free Member

I used Collect+ for a warranty return no problem.

wwaswas

When asked at the counter what it was I stated cycle parts.

It’s ok to lie at the counter to get it in the system but if their x-ray machine at the depot picks it up as a dangerous item they’ll still bin it.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Well, the reverb made it to crc. Now to sit back and wait for the outcome of the warranty.

Northwind

wwaswas – Member

It’s ok to lie at the counter to get it in the system

In what way is it not a cycle part 😕

antares
    Free Member

Sent the reverb back by collect plus, all good and got an email from CRC saying its on its way back to manufacturer and should have an outcome in 2-3 weeks. Got back from my ride today and I’d had a brand new reverb delivered. All boxed, bleed kit, the lot. Happy days! 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yes, they did exactly the same with mine. I’m almost concerned that they’re not repairing them.

Either the cost of manufacture is less than the cost of repair, they can’t get parts, or they can’t be fixed. The last two options bother me.

antares
    Free Member

Yes, they did exactly the same with mine. I’m almost concerned that they’re not repairing them.

Either the cost of manufacture is less than the cost of repair, they can’t get parts, or they can’t be fixed. The last two options bother me.

Same thing crossed my mind. What was the problem with yours? Mine was dropping 10-20mm when I sat on the saddle. My mates has done the same and his is on its way back to where he bought it.

Edit: it’s a stealth btw

Onzadog
    Free Member

Conventional version that was dropping a few mm. It seems it’s a common problem and always results in a replacement. I’d be really interested to know why they can’t be repaired.

Maybe LoCo will be along shortly to explain.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Does no one know?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Posting a Reverb’ is closed to new replies.