Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posting a frame to New Zealand
  • uistboy
    Free Member

Ive managed to get cheap flights to out to New Zealand for SSWC but the airline im with (Korean Air) have a very restrictive baggage policy which would mean having to pay nearly £200 quid each way for me to take my bike, but i reckon if i strip it down i can take everything but the frame and forks in my normal luggage allowance. Has anyone posted a frame to NZ and how much did it cost you, who did you use and how long did it take?

Cheers

Andy

Never sent a frame by post to N.Z. (I live here) so don't know the cost. However there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Option One: You could purchase a frame out here and arrange delivery to a N.Z address(mind you most shops will hold it for you until you arrive. Shops here don't generally keep "frame stock". So ordering is essential.

Option Two: You buy one in the U.K. and they could post it here -Merlin/crc/on one/Wiggle seem to do this (a variety of costs-some free for a purchase over $Xxx) this may be a starting point as to who ships(they list thier couriers and how much). We have a $450 ish (not exactly sure) tax free threshold-so price needs to be below this)

Option Three: You could buy a second hand one out here from "trademe (NZ's ebay)" or vorb.co.nz classifieds.

Most stuff purchased from the U.K. which I have done has arrived within a week (despite paying cheaper rate of dispatch)

Good luck

Contact me if you have any questions ( i am going to ss worlds if you have any other questions)

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Just had a complete DH bike shipped from New Zealand to here,Cost nearly £300 and was here in 5 working days.
    Used DHL.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    JohnClimber
    Free Member

I sent a fork there via the post office and parcel force because it was the cheapest insured option.

I don't know about a full bike though

jamesca
    Free Member

you could get CRC to post a frame over but leave plenty of time as i've ordered some stuff early last week and they've not even posted it yet, however the money i'll save over buying it here is worth it. however CRC still charge VAT even though NZ is outside the EU and should be exempt.

i flew korean air when i came out and they do have a sporting goods policy but i never looked too much into it…..they did bump me up to business class for half the flight which was nice of them!!

Coasting
    Free Member

I bought a frame from Mike at Dialed Bikes and it come to a little over $100 nz

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Posting a frame to New Zealand’ is closed to new replies.