Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posting a bike – people still use parcelfarce?
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Mates are sending my road bike down (Glasgow to London) and quoted £48 from parcelfarce! Been a few years since any of us posted a bike so is this the going rate or are we better looking elsewhere? Had a look for existing threads but couldn’t find anything. Ta

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Based on that they left a bike on my doorstep and forged a neighbour’s signature on “proof of delivery”, I wouldn’t use them if they were free

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

parcels2go for me. Usually ends up someone better that PF getting my business on there.

banks
    Free Member

Paisley freight for me – 20 quid.

DezB
    Free Member

Used this for my Mum’s bike – http://www.wheelcourier.com/ukbike.html

andypaul99
    Free Member

never had a problem with parcelforce, used them for four complete bikes now

scant
    Free Member

senditnow.com is still parcelforce, but they collect from wherever you specify & a full size bike box is £12insured for £50 & price rising depending on insurance value

YoGrant
    Free Member

Ipostparcels.com have been ace. Drop off at there depot or they pick up. Cheap too.

iainc

When I sold my 5 I posted it Glasgow to London. I used Paisley freight and all was good. Note though that for £20 you get about £100 of insurance. I upped the insured value to £1300 and the freight charge was around £50 I think.

banks
    Free Member

When I sold my 5 I posted it Glasgow to London. I used Paisley freight and all was good. Note though that for £20 you get about £100 of insurance. I upped the insured value to £1300 and the freight charge was around £50 I think.

Same here, used them for dozens of guitars too. They are too good, i want something to whinge about.

smatkins1
    Free Member

I sent a frame in a bike box using parcel force. Only cost £15 using their 48hour service. My local post office has a parcel force counter in it.

So I like parcel force at the moment 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Posting a bike – people still use parcelfarce?’ is closed to new replies.