Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Postage costs for sending stuff through classifieds
  • Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Morning.

Having just winced at the costs of sending a frame and some forks to a couple of STWers here, I’m keen to make sure I’m being as efficient as I can, as losing nearly 20% of the cost of the item to postage is taking the piss a bit.

What do people here usually do for sending heavy or big stuff? Can’t say that RM are especially cost effective?

Plus, has it now become the norm that everything on STW is sold with postage included?

Not stirring, just asking a few q’s as I could find what I wanted in the search…

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Headsup> Where is this with? RM wanted £16 to send the forks with Parcelfarce.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

parcel2go.com

lie about the dimensions to get it the cheapest, guy collecting doesn’t care

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

you shouldnt have to pay more than £15 to send a whole bike or £7 for F&F.

+1

Couriers are your friend with bulkier stuff. ParcelMonkey.com is cheap and their service is great.

patriotpro
    Free Member

‘MyHermes’ has always worked well for me.

trail_rat
    Free Member

thats fine – but why should the person selling have to sit in all day to wait on a courier who may or may not turn up….

i just sell stuff for collection now – less hassle

chakaping
    Free Member

Senditnow or Parcel monkey for me normally.

Yes most people do price stuff including postage now.

Drac

thats fine – but why should the person selling have to sit in all day to wait on a courier who may or may not turn up….

Ermmm! Because they paid for that service?

Nobby

I tend to use Parcel Monkey – no problems so far & well priced.

trail_rat
    Free Member

No drac – what im alluding to is jeff wants to buy my bike – he insists on using parcel2go

I have work to go to – jeff expects me to take a day off?

Hence now if im sellin something expensive to post its collect only or pay post office prices .

cupra
    Free Member

I see what you mean now. I just take it to the courier when it suits and tell the buyer it may be a few days before I dispatch before they pay me.

Drac

Hence now if im sellin something expensive to post its collect only or pay post office prices .

That’s personal preference though, if a buyer is prepared to pay for delivery and the seller offers a courier service then that’s the deal offered so take it or leave it.

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

No drac – what im alluding to is jeff wants to buy my bike – he insists on using parcel2go

I have work to go to – jeff expects me to take a day off?

Hence now if im sellin something expensive to post its collect only or pay post office prices

If you’re the seller surely just organise collection of whatever it is you’re selling for a time/day that is convenient?

chakaping
    Free Member

jeff wants to buy my bike – he insists on using parcel2go

Jeff doesn’t get to decide.

Or arrange pickup from your work?

Drac

Oh just realised what you were saying, sorry off nights and had no sleep today. 😳

smell_it
    Free Member

Plus, has it now become the norm that everything on STW is sold with postage included

One price; nice and simple.

None of it strikes me as that tricky. Have a think about the price you want and how much it costs to post, and then add them together. Decide if you are willing to take less, if you can’t get what you want keep it. Same with buyer collect, just accept you are limiting your market. I’ve never sat in all day waiting for a courier, what a ball ache. Just think ahead a bit, it’s not tricky. If you find that all too much don’t sell.

lhabitantdepointe
    Free Member

parcel2go can collect from a post office

onandon
    Free Member

you could also use collect + your drop off with them and they deliver to another local point near the customer.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Why not have the parcel delivered to work?

Drac

Why not have the parcel delivered to work?

Not everyone works in an office.

mrplow
    Free Member

Noob question – Is payment through bank transfer acceptable/safe?

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

I have on several occasions.

Wait for the payment to clear and then send.

Unless I’m wrong, I’d say that it’s pretty safe?

trail_rat
    Free Member

oh i understand what your all saying but i have had certain members get shirty with me when i refuse to use parcel2go etc etc.

I dont really bother how people want to send stuff to me. how ever word of warning with myhermes – they left a parcel on my doorstep on friday …..i found it there when i returned on sunday night.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

The reason why Royal Mail has got dearer now,when they use to do standard parcel upto 30kg/then 20kg and you could insure upto £500 send a bike for less than £15 is because public kept claiming for things they never had when they did.So ripping off RM.So they moved it to parcelforce for heavier goods with the insurance.I would just try and meet someone halfway makes it cheaper.Pisses me off and i work for RM.So you can thank the con-merchants.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Postage costs for sending stuff through classifieds’ is closed to new replies.