Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Post your Bike/ Weight/ Suspension Setups
  • Dancake
    Free Member

Ok probably been done before, but why not.

Me 95KG
    Commencal Meta 5.5.2
    Front 90psi, 1 click towards slow
    Rear 195psi, 1 click towards slow

shock I am going to try 100/ 205 psi tomorrow as I bottom out quite a bit without actaully riding anything harsh…

Style; All singletrack, no jumping!

tinsy
    Free Member

me… varies…
    Scandal
    fork, the right sag.
    rear..hardtail

or

me… varies
    05 Stump fsr
    Fork, the right sag
    Rear, the right sag

edd

70kg
    Indy Fab Steel Deluxe
    2009 Fox Vanilla R 32 with QR15 custom modified to 120mm (click here). 3mm pre-load 45lb/in spring 8 clicks of rebound damping.

njee20
    Free Member

70kg

S-Works Epic, sat on bike when brand new, checked sag was close-ish, ride. Never touched it since, still seems nice.

coffeeking
    Free Member

NRS, 105kg, 250psi in positive chamber, 30psi in neg and "just right" damping that changes from course to course. Heavy red bomber springs up front with a fair amount of rebound damping.

Dancake
    Free Member

3mm pre-load 45lb/in spring 8 clicks of rebound damping.

thats just filthy talk 🙂

sofatester
    Free Member

90kg

Trek 8500

Front – "plush" is the word we use isn't it?
    Back – Big tyre

Style – Non

clubber
    Free Member

100kg
    Rocky Mountain Element (RS Bar3.R shock) with RS Revs at 115mm travel
    120psi front, no compression, just enough rebound to stop it being really fast but still quite springy
    130psi rear (The pivots are stiff which means that the shock runs a low pressure. Strangely this doesn't seem to stop it working over small stuff. Can't quite be bothered to look into it since it rides very nicely.

Both fork and shock controlled via dual poploc remote which means I can lock both together and or add in more compression for climbs. Love it – means that I can set it relatively 'plush' ( 🙂 ) for the technical stuff but lock it out or add in a load of damping for climbs/flat/etc at the flick of a finger.

Dancake
    Free Member

Front – "plush" is the word we use isn't it?

dunno..I was a 20 percenter but I am thinkiing of joining the 15 percenters

takisawa2

Me: 100kg
    Bike: Ventana El Ciclon
    Front: Coil Pike (XFirm). Sag = @25%.
    Rear: RP23 200psi / 3 clicks from slowest. Sag = @20%.

Only ridden once, thinking 180psi might be better, (only achieved 75% of travel at 200psi).

postierich
    Free Member

Me 86KG
    Bike Sunn Enduro 24lbs
    Front: Zero travel,front tyre 2.3UST 28 psi
    Rear: Zero travel,rear tyre 2.2UST 30 psi
    Legs and arms very plush all teeth intact(just)
    Style prefers riding uphills!

Rich

Dancake
    Free Member

Are you chaps measuring Sag (not you Rich 🙂 ) in the Attack position on the Pedals or Sat centred on bike? (dont kill me)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Posting suspension setup info here is an absolute waste of time. 2 otherwise identical bikes and riders can have big differences in the way they are set up. It depends on where you ride, your style, your speed, odd componetry changes etc

Better to read the manual and get a base setting from that and then learn what the adjustments do, and tweak it from there.

Copying someone else just won't work.

Dancake
    Free Member

Was just curious, Dude. And bored. Chill out 🙂

Im always keen to learn how my collegues perform in the bedroom, for example, but I would never try "Reverse Crogan" myself…

DustyLilac
    Free Member

75kg
    Prophet
    36 Floats (at 140mm) – 45psi, 35% sag, faster than the rear
    DHX Air – 150psi both chambers, bottom out wound all the way in (min volume), 35% sag, slow as poss without packdown
    mostly downhill and airbourne

hughjengin
    Free Member

Me = 64 kgs
    Bike La-Pierre Zesty
    Fox 32 float 140mm forks = 75psi
    Fox float R rear shock = 125 psi

Trail and fun riding ride downhill hard but not jumpy or droppy sort of chap !

Other bike upgraded Trek 8000 hardtail Use: Marathon events and XC stuff
    RS REBA dual air forks = 90-95 psi (pos and Neg)
    Rear = Just really thick lycra short pad (gives me about 50mm of travel 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

Me 80kg
    2008 Marin Quad 140
    Front (Pike 454 Airs) 140psi positive, 145psi negative.
    Rear (Fox Float R) 185psi (I think, haven't checked in a while!)

Style: Singletrack, fast rocky descents, puffing like an asthmatic pensioner on the climbs.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Me: 82kgs

Bike: Nicolai Helius CC
    Front: RS Rev 426 U-Turn Coil's, Med. Spring, rebound on the slow side of the middle, floodgate set at 1.5 turns from fully on.
    Rear: Fox RP3, 165psi, rebound at 4 clicks from slowest, alternate Propedal settings

Bike: Cove Handjob
    Front RS Reba Race Dual Air @ 115mm set at 100psi +ve/110 -ve, rebound at slow side of middle, floodgate set 1.5 turns from fully on.

squattingmouse
    Free Member

Me 92kg
    Kona Coiler 07
    Front(2006 AM2 at 150mm) – about 30mm sag, rebound run a bit faster than normal
    Rear (5th Element Coil) – 600lb spring, 0.75ish turns preload, all dampers in centre of adjustment range

Forks gets locked down for climbs, more of plow through it/work the bike over it than jump style. Pumps over stuff brilliantly so often faster when using stuff as pump bumps rather than a launch pad.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Post your Bike/ Weight/ Suspension Setups’ is closed to new replies.