Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Post Race Diet- gruesome issues.
  • SpokesCycles
    Free Member

If you don’t like the idea of runny poo’s, read away now.

Did Relentless on Sunday and now my poo is super runny, which suggests to me I ain’t fuelling back up right. I’m fine otherwise. No discomfort beyond what should be expected.

What should I officially be eating after an event like that?

radoggair
    Free Member

as much crap as humanely possible. Chocolate, crisps, chinese, the usual ful monty works for me. As long as i have a frijj choc brownie fudge milkshake then i’m fine. Your body has burnt off loads of carbs and fat, so replace it and replace it well

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

You see, that’s what I’ve gone for. Post Race Shite. Also lots of brown food. Nom.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

too much protein imo

molgrips
    Free Member

Did Relentless on Sunday and now my poo is super runny, which suggests to me I ain’t fuelling back up right

Not to me – it suggests that somewhere in the tons of mud and other dirt you undoubtedly ingested and handled there was a spec of poor or some other bacteria.. giving you the mild squits.

NZCol

I’d agree with Molgrips on this one. Generally speaking (and i speak as a non-scientific type just someone who is frequently exposed to testing for sports scientists – b2stards) you might have gastric issues during a race which could result in a bit of short term looseness or a **** great squirt. However this should pass pretty soon after you stop. Obviously 50 clif gels and 6 litres of carb based drink will also move through you like the proverbial river. Eat plain, drink some rehydration gubbins.
    Personally i suffer with squirts when i race short and fast irrespective of what i eat drink. Gu comes out the way it goes in, you could repackage it and probably not notice. You might have got a bit of sheep/cow/other animal shit on your lip and its enough to give you the trotlettes. Curry and beer to scare it out.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

See, this time I cut right back and only had 1 gel and a few sugary things where usually I’ve had lots.

It does feel more like mild squits than the usual post race bowel turmoil so a bacteria would make sense, thanks.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just read back.. how much of an IT geek am I? I wrote spec instead of speck.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Multiple pints of Guinness on the night before the race had much the same effect on me.

“Turps through a sick donkey”…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Post Race Diet- gruesome issues.’ is closed to new replies.