Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • post mount forks and hope floating rotors
  • parisroubaix

Wheel is a mavic crossmax xl, 2006 vintage.
    Forks are fox 2008 post mount.
    Hope floating rotor.
    When the wheels spin the spider of the rotor is rubbing ever so slightly taking the paint off the forks.
    Anyone else had this issue?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

it’s fairlycommon to mavic wheels/fox forks IIRC. A mate had this problem. The solution seems to be to use the standard steel rotor rather than a floater, or different hubs

ozzybmx
    Free Member

Take the forks off and file the paint off neatly.

I had to take about 1mm of alu off too . Mine were DT E2200 , 2009 36 Floats and hope floating rotors.

parisroubaix

Thinking of filing as well. It only just rubs, on one of the mounts only (shows there are not in line!).

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I found that the spider part of the rotor rubs on the lower post mount of my 36s using a Hadley hub. I thought it was just me so that’s ok.

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Not a good idea to be taking a file to your expensive forks, think the better idea would be buy the cheep non floating disc. No brainer

GavinB

Yup, had the same issue with Fox 36 forks, when using a SunRingle hub and a Magura Ventidisc rotor (their version of a floating rotor). I really would not recommend filing bits off the post mount – either return the forks to the supplier (as I did), or change the hub/disc combo. If you are set on using the floating rotors then either the hub or the fork needs to change.

Has anyone had this happen with forks other than Fox?

parisroubaix

Strangely my new floating 200 mm rotor has arrived and doesn’t rub like the 180mm that was 2005 vintage- must be very slightly thinner!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘post mount forks and hope floating rotors’ is closed to new replies.