Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • post mount canti brake query
  • jono84
    Free Member

So ive recently taken delivery of my first cx bike, ive gone for the more traditional style of frogs leg style brakes which take a post mount style brake block. My reason for this is so I can pop my carbon wheels in for road dutys. So im after a cartridge style brake block system so I can quickly and easily swop from ally to carbon pads im struggling to find a cheap option though, jagwire and kool stop seem to produce what im after that look like they take a road style pad in there however there around 20quid a pair !!! Surely theres a cheaper option out there ? Can I buy just the post that would screw into a traditional road style pad ? Maybe im after a moon on a stick ?

benji
    Free Member

BBB do a reasonable priced pads.

jono84
    Free Member

Ive come across the bbb ones but again struggling to find them for under 15 quid , seems wedgy when a normal cartridge brake is about 6/7quid , I might have to bite the bullet but was curious if there were any other options out there I keep wondering if a v brake style pad would hold along the threaded shaft ? But id hazard a guess the post is a different width

everyone
    Free Member

Get good pads. You’re using cantis on carbon rims, you’ll need all the help you can get!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘post mount canti brake query’ is closed to new replies.