Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Post lunch tiredness
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

Just had lunch some chicken and salad and am falling asleep at my desk any ideas on how to wake up?

Jamie
    Free Member
    tails
    Free Member

caffeine?

This happens to me when I eat say a baguette for lunch as i guess the carbs are harder to process than say chicken salad which I figure is protein. perhaps eat less as some places sell monster salads.

Macavity
    Free Member

Hold wrists under cold tap for 2 or 3 minutes and you will feel a bit cooler, and maybe a bit more awake.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Doh!

ourmaninthenorth

This happens to me when I eat say a baguette for lunch as i guess the carbs are harder to process than say chicken salad which I figure is protein

Er, nope. Simple carbs are the most easily "processed".

Carbs have this effect because they cause the greatest spike in blood sugar, which in turn creates a counteractive spike in insulin. This is [retty much what makes you sleepy.

cynic-al
    Free Member

OMITN+1

wrong type of carbs makes me zzzzz after lunch.

molgrips
    Free Member

Tryptophan?
    Blood being diverted away from the rest of your body to your guts?

Not sure about the carbs thing – the OP is tired and he sounds like he had a low carb meal.

Every animal likes to sleep after a big meal tho. It allows the body to work on the food you've eaten.

ourmaninthenorth

If it's any consolation, I was tired after (a carb heavy) lunch, and had to have 10 mins kip in the gents. Feel fine now..!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Post lunch tiredness’ is closed to new replies.