Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Post for the wrong address
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

I keep getting post for the wrong address, my address is
    1 Bla road, Town.
    The conflicting address is
    1 Wibble Cottages, Bla Road, Town.

Both share the same postcode.

I get 4-5 items of mail per week for them, some important. I have to sift and walk half a mile to re-deliver each time. I’m getting annoyed by it. RM tell me there’s nothing they can do and they’ll tell the postman off for delivering it incorrectly. I told them this wasnt very fair on him as he isnt to know, but why have they allowed two addresses with the same postcode and number on the same road. They then tell me its the councils fault. The council have the right addresses.

Do I

Ignore all post that arrives, binning it.
    Continue to re-post the post.
    Leave the post in a heap on my door (sorry Mr Postie)
    Go postal and start shooting up the local sorting office.
    Open all letters, phone the companies/DVLA/Tax people and bitch at them to change someone elses address.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Or c) write “please deliver to correct address” on the envelope and put it in the post box. Swot I do and easy peasy. I hope you find this suggestion of use.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Can you see what might happen annab? :mogn:

Escalate the complaint is my suggestion

Elmo
    Free Member

How close are your houses?

The Postcode generally narroes it down to 6-12 addresses. Depending on how rural the address is they should be in close proximity.
    Are you sure your both using the right postcode?
    And unless they change your postie a lot….they shoud have cottoned on.
    Tried a note on your letter box…Only post for Mr,Mrs Coffeeking please?

matthewjb
    Free Member

I used to get this a lot.

I lived at 7 Squeeky Crescent.

I used to get the post for 7 The Crescent. Mostly because they decided to call their house Squeeky!

Moving house sorted the problem. Hope that helps. 🙂

Pook

Maybe if you didn’t live at Bla Road and Squeeky Crescent you wouldn’t have a problem.

project
    Free Member

Move.

joe1983
    Free Member

Get the people whose post it is to collect it, rather thanyou doing the donkey work

coffeeking
    Free Member

annabananna – that’s what I’m currently doing, it’s getting annoying after 9 months. Definitely both using the right postcode, the problem comes from companies asking for your postcode and number, without checking that there are two. Being fairly rural its a fairly long way from the other address and while its not THAT far, I have plenty of other things to do with my time than walk about the roads delivering post. Barring moving (which I will be at some point, but not yet), I’ve tried leaving the post out for the postie with the correct address written on (he ignores it), and we do seem to get a regular change in postie as it stopped for a while but has started again. I might have to laminate up a note for the postie and stick it to the door, good suggestion!

grynch
    Free Member

neighbours of ours have the same problem, but a bit more so… there are two Sunnyside cottages in the village where we have our cottage.

Problem is.. our friends cottage is a rental cottage and can be, especially in the winter months, empty for weeks at a time, so mail delivered wrongly there gets to sit on his carpet for weeks at a time sometimes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Post for the wrong address’ is closed to new replies.