• This topic has 46 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by P-Jay.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • post a picture to suit your mood.
  • ton

grim

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Rh36Qk]2017-01-16_10-22-32[/url] by 20ston, on Flickr

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/R6mHDv]2017-01-16_07-04-00[/url] by Mike Smith, on Flickr
    Mellow for a bit

simondbarnes

tjagain

Looks like I am partway to solving my health issues. Day off work today. Nothing much I have to do today

bikebouy
    Free Member

fifeandy
    Free Member

teasel
    Free Member

shredder
    Free Member

km79
    Free Member

Stoner
    Free Member

Schweiz
    Free Member

5.25″ floppy

spawnofyorkshire

onandon
    Free Member

acidtest
    Free Member

grenosteve
    Free Member

PiknMix
    Free Member

P-Jay
    Free Member

Dark and Moody, and not in a sexy and moody way, but as in having a strop on.

It’s that time of year again, I’m trying to organise a trip to the Alps, unusually I’m find it hard to get numbers – last year 9 went, this year, 2 of us, maybe 3-4. Lot of people seem to have given up riding on the quiet recently, this is making me sad, hurtling towards middle-age and my only social circle is getting smaller.

Equally, here comes the usual arguments, emotional blackmail, and barrier building on the home front. Oh you’d think I was asking her to crawl across the artic unaided. What makes it worse is that She wants to go on a trip without me this year, it’s far more expensive and longer – I was completely supportive – but even that is used against me – apparently I’m only supportive because I want to use it as a tool so I can go away, WTAF? I am always supportive in whatever she wants to do, I just take shit for everything – we’ve covered all that now, well for the time-being, she doesn’t feel as if she’s done her job right until I’m some broken by it all, I’d rather it never happened. Now comes the bankruptcy phase – I foolishly mentioned I was going to book the digs soon, oh suddenly we have a million pounds of unavoidable expenses this month, just to make it even harder.

Couple that with trying to appease everyone else who wants to go, but only if everything suits them perfectly and you find yourself in a situation when you’re fighting two fronts and wonder if it’s all worth it, and really it’s not – it’s not all that great, but if you give up this, then there’s very little left in life that’s just for you and you become one of those broken sad-case men who spend the rest of their life chauffeuring around their over-bearing wives from shop to shop, with their grey emotionless face staring into the abyss, not daring to open their mouth or they’ll take so much shit, for so long they’re just break you again. I’m not going to see out the next 40 year for that, so I fight to keep this tiny bit of personal time with the very person who’ll suffer as equally as me if I lose, more than just for a few days on a French mountain in the pouring rain scared to death as I slide from rock to rock.

Life seems like a lot of endless graft at the moment. The little specks of joy I get come with so much heartache they’re not worth it. It’s like the universe it pushing me towards the social norm – Work, Eat, TV, Work, Eat, TV, Work, Eat, TV and occasionally when it all gets too much, a gut full of booze. But only from big glasses from fancy bottles so it doesn’t seem like you’re trying to numb the pain, it’s sophisticated… everyone would be content, if not happy.

P-Jay
    Free Member

It’s that time of year again, I’m trying to organise a trip to the Alps, unusually I’m find it hard to get numbers – last year 9 went, this year, 2 of us, maybe 3-4. Lot of people seem to have given up riding on the quiet recently, this is making me sad, hurtling towards middle-age and my only social circle is getting smaller.

Equally, here comes the usual arguments, emotional blackmail, and barrier building on the home front. Oh you’d think I was asking her to crawl across the artic unaided. What makes it worse is that She wants to go on a trip without me this year, it’s far more expensive and longer – I was completely supportive – but even that is used against me – apparently I’m only supportive because I want to use it as a tool so I can go away, WTAF? I am always supportive in whatever she wants to do, I just take shit for everything – we’ve covered all that now, well for the time-being, she doesn’t feel as if she’s done her job right until I’m some broken by it all, I’d rather it never happened. Now comes the bankruptcy phase – I foolishly mentioned I was going to book the digs soon, oh suddenly we have a million pounds of unavoidable expenses this month, just to make it even harder.

Couple that with trying to appease everyone else who wants to go, but only if everything suits them perfectly and you find yourself in a situation when you’re fighting two fronts and wonder if it’s all worth it, and really it’s not – it’s not all that great, but if you give up this, then there’s very little left in life that’s just for you and you become one of those broken sad-case men who spend the rest of their life chauffeuring around their over-bearing wives from shop to shop, with their grey emotionless face staring into the abyss, not daring to open their mouth or they’ll take so much shit, for so long they’re just break you again. I’m not going to see out the next 40 year for that, so I fight to keep this tiny bit of personal time with the very person who’ll suffer as equally as me if I lose, more than just for a few days on a French mountain in the pouring rain scared to death as I slide from rock to rock.

Life seems like a lot of endless graft at the moment. The little specks of joy I get come with so much heartache they’re not worth it. It’s like the universe it pushing me towards the social norm – Work, Eat, TV, Work, Eat, TV, Work, Eat, TV and occasionally when it all gets too much, a gut full of booze. But only from big glasses from fancy bottles so it doesn’t seem like you’re trying to numb the pain, it’s sophisticated… everyone would be content, if not happy.

scotroutes

perchypanther
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

Listening to Konnichiwa 😀

binners

spawnofyorkshire

Just snuck in a little mindfulness session so i’m feeling a little bit more zen now

Klunk
    Free Member

ads678

tomhoward

headfirst
    Free Member

mintimperial

Something something Monday something urrrgh.

matt_outandabout

zippykona

Is there a picture that can convey the misery of a trade fair whilst accompanying 2 ladies while they bulk buy jewellery?
    Today is my day off and yesterday was my day off as well but I was putting shelves up in the shop.
    Yesterday was more fun.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

alexxx
    Free Member

Bez

JAG

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

P-Jay – Member

+1 and for dissapointingly similar reasons.

My OH is slowly transforming into someone who does nothing, yet absolutely has to have either some sort of drama (my fault) or boast on social media (my doing, but quickly forgotten) inbetween its like an old PC and just plays games on her phone like a windows 3.1 screensaver.

toby1

P-Jay – tinas

Gents, sounds a bit rough, hope for your sake you can both sort things out.

Personally:

This time next week I’ll be in the Alps, have a trip away the weekend after we get back for a friends 40th. Then a trip to Barca in May and hopefully Seattle and Vancouver/Jasper in September. So overall I’ll be broke but happy this year. Just had a really good weekend and get on very well with my sponging wife who is currently only working part-time so she can focus on photography (an agreement we are both happy with).

Overall life really isn’t bad. Sorry to anyone for whom it is!

metalheart
    Free Member

SaxonRider

@tomhoward: they have treatments for that.

SaxonRider

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘post a picture to suit your mood.’ is closed to new replies.