Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Possible to have Vegetarian/Vegan Chicken ?
  • andyfla
    Free Member

OK, sorry to post a page from PETA but if you produce chicken from stem cells in the lab and it has never “lived”, so cannot have been abused, can it be seen to be vegetarian or possibly even vegan ?

camo16
    Free Member

Unless you’re talking about a fully formed chicken breast made from stem cells, the chicken is still born, raised and killed, isn’t it? Ethically, I can’t see that it’s any better.

EDIT: Okay, I’ve just read the article.

My new answer is: possibly.

wwaswas

I think you’d ‘grow’ chicken meat in the laboratory, so it would always just be a puddle of chicken flesh rather than a living creature?

derek_starship
    Free Member

KFC have been growing chickens in a lab for years…

DezB
    Free Member

It’th a compedishun!
    I’m entrin

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes it can possibly be seen to be veggie/vegan and it will create a heated debate amongst yoghurt eating, tofu munching, tree hugging sandal wearers the world over
    A strict vegan would still see it as exploiting an an animal as the cells come from an animal originally – i won tbe eating it personally

Yours a vegan

Meat eaters SHHH WTF has it got to do with you 😉

higgo
    Free Member

I may grow some steaks in a pint of beer on the windowsill. I’ll give them a little squeeze every night before I go to bed.

andyfla
    Free Member

Having lived with a vegan for a couple of months I can understand his side of things completely, I actually think it makes more sense than vegetarian.

Just an interesting idea I thought

derek_starship
    Free Member

I may grow some steaks in a pint of beer on the windowsill. I’ll give them a little squeeze every night before I go to bed.

Funny.

Cougar

All vegans and vegetarians are of course identical, so it’s quite easy to answer this with a simple yes/no on behalf of all of them. I’m surprised anyone needs to ask, because PETA is the authoritative word on all things vegetarian and so is a shining example of how we all think.

In answer to the OP: is it possible to ‘grow’ meat that will appease the PETA extremists? God, I sincerely hope so. I won’t be eating it, though.

Cougar

I tried that, only using a bed of cannabis leaves rather than beer. I didn’t win the competition though; the steaks were too high.

andyfla
    Free Member

why did I hear cymbals clashing at the end of cougars post ….

kayak23

I’ve been vege since I was 14, and vegan for some of that time. It doesn’t matter how meat arrives to me, I don’t choose to eat it. Simple as that.

andyfla
    Free Member

Kayak,
    But is this meat ? or is it similar to Tofu in that it is lab created protein ?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Possible to have Vegetarian/Vegan Chicken ?’ is closed to new replies.