Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)
  • Possible shooting in Munich, people reported injured/shot
  • project
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36870874

will it ever end,needless waste of lives for what.

jambalaya
    Free Member

These are very difficult times. Guardian reports 15 deaths. My thoughts are as always with those affected.

surfer
    Free Member

Much worse before it gets any better I suspect.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Sadly yes, second shooting at metro station

chojin
    Free Member

Second shooting source?

project
    Free Member

sky news source saying marion platz station

dannybgoode

Second shooting a false alarm thankfully.

jimjam
    Free Member

Probably just a group of disenfranchised loners.

alpin
    Free Member

Hey, I’m safe. As is everyone I know. Although one person was at the OEZ at the time. She is still up there.

Find it strange that reports are sketchy and that the gunman/gunmen haven’t been apprehended…. Worrying.

TheFlyingOx

3 suspects, still at large, armed with Langwaffen (long rifles).
    3 confirmed dead with a further 3 unconfirmed, not 15.
    Public transport in the area shut down.
    Multiple reports suggest at least one attacker shouted “**** foreigners”.

seavers
    Free Member
    alpin
    Free Member

@ flying ox…. The shopping centre is in a more “bunt”, or colourful, area. More foreigners/Muslims in the north of Munich around Milbertshofen, Hasenbergl, and Moosach. Would surprise me if a Islamic terrorist went shooting in an area with a big % of Muslims.

alpin
    Free Member

Crazy that the attackers have not been caught…..

loddrik
    Free Member

It’s a religion of peace you know…

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

What is?

alpin
    Free Member

Not entirely sure that the perps were Muslim or not.

Munich police tweeted asking for people not to speculate.

The main square in town, Marienplatz, is empty…. Usually full of tourists and locals at this time on a Friday.

http://www.muenchen.de/sehenswuerdigkeiten/webcam.html

Can’t imagine that there will be many people at the Oktoberfest this year….

irc

Would surprise me if a Islamic terrorist went shooting in an area with a big % of Muslims.

They seem to be doing it in Syria/Iraq last I heard.

alpin
    Free Member

Autobahns into and out of Munich closed. All rail stopped or diverted…. No trains arriving at main station.

alpin
    Free Member

@ irs…. Let us just wait and see what their Hintergrund or justification is…

Also five years to the day that Brevik went shooting. Coincidence perhaps….

Wo knows. Not me, not you.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I do wonder, given all the CCTV in a place like this, how come they have not tracked him down/cornered etc.

I do hope they take him alive also.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@alpin thanks for posting, I hope everyone you know is safe

It was reported one of the killers shot himself, if that’s true it would suggest to me this was not an Islamist incident but terrorism of another sort

alpin
    Free Member

German media not reporting any suspects having shot themselves….

@ Bongo…. Germany doesn’t have cctv coverage like in the UK.

Now 8 dead. Still no word on the attackers.

seavers
    Free Member

You know something the rest of us don’t? Source?

Might be an idea not to speculate until there is confirmed information.

Lummox

Another sickening attack by who knows what.

Given the heightened state in the Uk and the level of ‘preparation’ going on with public services I shall post this with the hope that no one will ever find the need to use the advice contained within.

Stay safe everyone

[video]https://youtu.be/4jxOXbpTmnk[/video]

porter_jamie

5 years to the day that anders brevik moron shot up oslo.

edit alpin beat me to it. it’s getting to the point where i dont want to watch the news any more

kimbers

Slow clap for loddrik, for being stw idiot of the week

According to the Telegraph

footage showed a gunman ranting against foreigners and Turks, suggesting a Neo Nazi attack.

Children were said to be targeted.

seavers
    Free Member

5 years to the day that anders brevik moron shot up oslo.

edit alpin beat me to it. it’s getting to the point where i dont want to watch the news any more

Lets not forget that we live in a good world with good people, yes there are evil people doing unspeakable things but they must not deter the rest of us. It’s easy to get depressed and harbour hate but that is what they want.

I say this after spending last weekend(Nice attack) with my mum who is 70. She has become very anxious, not for her own safety but for everything bad she see’s on the news. It’s easy to forget the good when the media pushes the bad so much.

Just my thoughts.

Edit. Spelling.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

footage showed a gunman ranting against foreigners and Turks, suggesting a Neo Nazi attack.

So we can suggest a Neo-Nazi attack, but Lodders can’t allude to an Islamic/Jihadist/So Called ISIS etc one? Admittedly in a fairly snarky fashion.

Anyway, transcript of the video in question here:

Video of people offending the shooter, screaming he is a "****". He replies with "I’m German" at some point. from Munich22July

Seems to suggest the reports you linked may be wrong, Kimbers.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

So we can suggest a Neo-Nazi attack, but Lodders can’t allude to an Islamic/Jihadist/So Called ISIS etc one? Admittedly in a fairly snarky fashion.

But he didn’t, did he?
    He made a sweeping statement that a whole religion was responsible (which it isn’t).
    If we were to suggest a christian attack, now that might be different.
    Nice troll otherwise and best kept off here.

@Alpin
    , and anyone else out there, take care and I don’t just mean tonight.

athgray
    Free Member

Good posts seavers. I have just found out from a close friend originally from Munich that her family are ok but many will be worried. People are jumping to conclusions about the attackers very quickly.

vorlich
    Free Member

Sterling work from the interns doing the BBC News live stream on Munich shootings:

1845 – ‘Munich police ask people not to post video/photos of shooters’

1851 – Posts video of shooter

alpin
    Free Member

thanks guys… i should be safe enough. even though i am in the south of Munich, about 2km from the centre, it feels me leaving kinda cold knowing there are three gunmen on the loose… and i’m in a ground floor flat. might close the windows tonight.

oddly, i don’t know many people around that area, but a friend told us her mate was there just 30 mins before it went bang.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@alpin, stay safe. My guess (supposition) is it was a single attacker who has then shot himself. Not Islamic.

alpin
    Free Member

not sure if you have seen this….. guy shouting down to the gunman “you arschloch, you wichser (wonker)” and the reply “ich bin deutsche!”

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isthQ8dAJms[/video]

Hut ab to the Burger for putting his neck out….

jimjam
    Free Member

Shooter was apparently an 18 yo German-Iranian. An eye witness told CNN that he shouted “Allahu Akbar” as he shot people in McDonalds.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@alpin yes we had that on the news, indeed hats off to the resident for engaging with the guy.

It’s always interesting to me how different news picks up different things – we see it all the time with French and UK news – we had the suicide report hours before the German police confirmed it officially.

I hope the city can come to terms with the incident, news reports are of children shot in McDonalds. Very sad

alpin
    Free Member

Agreed, junky… German Media seems reluctant to confirm things despite lots of foreign news outlets reporting the gunman having shot himself in the head hours before whilst the police were still looking for three gunmen.

Kinda happy knowing it was one lone nutter and not a group attack. Just a shame that the wicker managed to kill himself before the police got to him…

Sad… My girlfriend is half Persian.

zippykona

There seems to be a lot of lone nutters around these days.
    The only reason you do these things is for “glory”. Where is the glory in shooting children?
    Fair enough if you want a shoot out with some special forces types ,go for it.
    That must be a more honourable death .
    Cowardly losers who aren’t prepared to take on a real fight. It is not exactly up there in the propaganda stakes with stern looking men , dressed in black marching with AKs.

loddrik
    Free Member

How’s that far right theory working out for all you naysayers…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Possible shooting in Munich, people reported injured/shot’ is closed to new replies.