Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Possible freehub failure?
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

OK, bit of a long story.
    Last yr i noticed the BB on my Mount Vision was dodgy so thought i’d strip it and see. The BB cups came out in my hand as the frame had threaded – now i’m not usually that clumsy, always tighten the cups by hand & only nip them up with the tool once handtight.
    Anyway, new front triangle courtesy of the nice importers and away we go.
    Fitted the new BB today and when attempting to set everything up again i noticed the rear wheel was acting oddly. Doesn’t want to roll backwards & there is a lot – a LOT – of resistance to the turning of the cranks.
    Is the freehub borked, & would that have had an effect on the BB?

The last time i rode this bike was at the CRC Marathon in Grassington. Can’t say i noticed any problems at the time but i was pushing a bit.

cynic-al
    Free Member

something’s up with the hub faw shooer.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

It is some 7yrs old, so i’ve had my moneys worth from it!

Not bad for a Hope Sport hub that was OE on the 04 Mount Vision.

Dibbs
    Free Member

A new set of bearings for the hub should sort it. Unless I’ve mis-understood.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Hope so, would certainly be cheaper than a new freehub – even if they still sell that version!

Off to the bike shop next week. Not doing it this weekend, weathers too nice and there’s riding to be done 🙂

xanboy
    Free Member

Check the jockey wheels as well, if they have seized it will have the same effect.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Possible freehub failure?’ is closed to new replies.