Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Possible cracked frame..my consumer rights?
  • hugh_b
    Free Member

Hi guy's, well i think i cracked my frame over the weekend at Afan. It's a know problem with the frame etc. I purchased this new only 2 months ago, am i entitled to a refund? I don't want the same frame again as it's just going to be a re-curing problem.

Thanks

WBC

Does the manufacturers name start with C and end with L?

Mine has just cracked too. Take a look at the owners club website for some more info. I get the feeling that getting a refund is unlikely in the first instance. I plan to wait for my replacement frame and if/when it cracks will try my hardest for a refund as, in my opinion, it is not fit for purpose.

pantsonfire
    Free Member

That would be the Commonfail then

peakmonster
    Free Member

8OAre you refering to a certain make of bycylcle made by certain lamb burning surrender monkeys??

bent_udder
    Free Member

Peakmonster – Commencal's Andorran. Not quite the same take on labour relations or EU subsidies as their larger neighbour.

I have a Commencal Meta 4. It's not cracked in three years of hard riding. I feel left out. 🙁

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Government guidance on the sale of goods act.

At two months old that is your right if[/b] it is a manufacturing fault and therefore the "goods are not fit for purpose" At under 6 moths old it is for the retailer to show that it is not a manufactureing fault not for you to show it is.

Your contract is with the retailer not that manufacturer or importer. However a reasonable approach is likely to get you more co operation than if you go in all guns blazing.

If goods do not conform to contract at the time of sale, purchasers can request their money back "within a reasonable time". (This is not defined and will depend on circumstances)

Read the stuff in the above link and decide if and what applies to you then politely ask for your rights.

hugh_b
    Free Member

not naming any brands 🙂

To be honest it's clearly not fit for purpose and i will print off every forum topic i have to to prove that if said otherwise. I have just been reading an article on consumer rights and it states i'm entitled to a full refund within a reasonable amount of time although this amount of time isn't specified. Any advice appreciated…

EDIT: Many thanks TandemJeremy

Crag
    Free Member

Best of luck but I imagine wet trousers as you piss fruitlessly into the wind.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

However, remember any remedy has to be carried out "without significant inconvenience" and within a "reasonable time" for the consumer.

The lovely legal use of "reasonable" This means they have to sort it out in a reasonable time – how long that is? Dunno but a small number of weeks would be my guess not months and months

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Possible cracked frame..my consumer rights?’ is closed to new replies.