Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Positive discrimination for smokers…
  • Peregrine
    Free Member

Boss is a smoker so he’s building a smoking deck with table & chairs in the yard out side. Its in the right place to get the sun until 4 pm ish & has a roof for rainy days.

The smokers here get to have smoke breaks in the sun, hope they don’t mind coffee drinkers joining them.

So the question is, what other positive discrimination for smokers have you seen?

hora
    Free Member

Most of Palliative care is reserved for smokers?

swamp_boy

Most of what you cost the state will be in the last years of your life, whatever you die of. Has anyone actually worked out whether you cost the state more if you 1) die of some smoking related disease in your 50s or 2) live to 95 and spend your last 20 years dribbling down your front, burbling incoherently while you wait for the nurse to change your nappy, or 3) get shovelled up off the road or rugby pitch in your 20s and go straight to 2) for the next 70 years.

I’ve never seen a comparison, I suspect it would be interesting reading, especially if you factor in the taxes.

FWIW I gave up years ago. I don’t like it particularly, but there are a lot of things I don’t like, that’s the way life is, get used to it, it’s too short to get self righteous about other people’s habits.

backhander
    Free Member

I gave up in february, I hate the smell of tobacco now and wish it were criminalised!
    I think it’s been proved that a smoker more than pays for their treatment in tobacco duty though.

johnners
    Free Member

They don’t pay enough for it to be OK for them to stink up the place.

colnagokid

p1sses me off that you cant sit outside in the beer gsrden without being poisened by the smokers! “cough”

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and wish it were criminalised!

that’s pointless – look how well the criminalisation for other drugs has worked. NOT

If you don’t want people to intoxicate themselves you have to give them happier lives. Any ideas ?

Coyote
    Free Member

Mr. Barnes makes two very valid points there.

backhander
    Free Member

I know you cannot criminalise tobacco, that’s daft and the govt would have to get the duty back off of us somehow. I feel sorry for Londoners. Having just returned – you can’t escape it.
    People don’t get intoxicated by cigarettes-that’s not true. It’s a drug and smokers are drug addicts (I know having been one fairly recently).
    Spelling out health, monetary and social issues is not enough to motivate people to give up-they’re addicted. There is no solution (not even the promise of happiness).

miketually
    Free Member

Most of Palliative care is reserved for smokers?

Post Of The Week

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Positive discrimination for smokers…’ is closed to new replies.