Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Posh northerners
  • carbon337
    Free Member

Charlie Spurr – snapped/broke his ankle at bottom of Blockhouse.

Its getting really slippy up there – I was hospitalised with suspected broken neck last thursday and another guy i was with yesterday broke a finger.

Actually steve can you email me matts email address – email in profile.

tron
    Free Member

What's the other way then?

Harragut. Same as Southwell is Sutthel and not South Well.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Charlie Spurr – snapped/broke his ankle at bottom of Blockhouse.

That's some bad news, hope he fixes up quickly.

You have mail.

Drac

No I'm on nights heard about it though.

Moses

I used to know the Ms Eden.
    Think Castle, Vale of, Sir Anthony. She was posh, lord knows why she messed around with us.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

This 'North' of which you speak sounds such a quaint place, with it's jovial friendly locals and their peculiar customs. I was told recently that many of them simply refuse to have indoor water closets, and even electric light, preferring the homely glow of a candle. 🙂

I may buy part of it when I decide to retire.

Posh northern ladies tend to wear low-cut tops a lot, I've noticed. I approve wholeheartedly.

Drac

You live in Birmingham you might be able to buy a pie up here if your lucky.

donsimon
    Free Member

Harragut. Same as Southwell is Sutthel and not South Well.

Why can't people speak properly? 🙄

Spongebob
    Free Member

Who cares? Posh people are generally a bit of a pain in the butt, wherever they hail from!

madeinyorkshire
    Free Member

Patrick Stewart – startrek AND shakespearean actor – from Mirfield and supports HTFC !

ianv
    Free Member

halifax used to have the highest densities of rolls royces per capita back when there was still a woollen industry

white101

Robson Green, born in Dudley North Tyneside speaks (or trys to) like he came from Windsor (to my northern ears at least)

Oggles
    Free Member

I'm reyt posh, me. I shop at Booths.

It's where people who do groceries at Waitrose wish they could shop, but they can't cos they aren't Northern. Innit.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Fortnum and Mason.

It's where people who do groceries at Booths wish they could shop, but they can't cos they aren't Southern. Innit. 😉

And don't think you can beat that because you can't so there.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I say, that Booths does look rather nice. Maybe moving up north wouldn't be quite so squalid! Taar!

Bunnyhop

I love Booths.

Hubby says I'm posh because I won't eat in the road.

skidartist
    Free Member

How are we defining posh – money? manners? lineage? or do we mean folk who get out of the bath to have a wee?

johni
    Free Member

Jim Bowen? He's posh for someone from Padiham! 🙂

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

I have a pet theory that the speed at which one loses their accent in different social surroundings is inversely proportional to their strength of character.

Applied to the OPs question, it is why the north is devioid of 'posh' (defined in this instance by the way they speak) people and full of 'characters' and the south is full of 'social chamelions' trying to be something that they are not! 😉

grumm
    Free Member

Booths FTW! The north also features the poshest (and best) services in the country.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I have a pet theory that the speed at which one loses their accent in different social surroundings is inversely proportional to their strength of character.

I had a pet budgie but he made more sense than you.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Posh northerners’ is closed to new replies.