Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Porto, Portugal.
  • arrpee
    Free Member

Heading here soon for work. Any recommendations for things to see, do, eat or otherwise engage with? Will be there for about a week with a few free afternoons and evenings.

UncleFred
    Free Member

Was there last month.

Head down to the old town for the Port Cellars, restaurants and bars.

The cable car is a nice way of getting from the old town up to the top of the Dom Luis Bridge, walk over the bridge and then the funicular down the other side. There’s some great views up and down the Douro.

Doura river cruise was interesting

If you have a car and kids then a drive down to Portugal dos Pequnitos (small houses of portugal) in Coimbra is a fun day out.

There’s some great bike paths along the river to the beach.

There’s also a local speciality called a Francesinha sandwich, made from Steak, Sausage, egg and covered in cheese which is pretty good when you find a good one, although these are a bit rubbish in the tourist areas.

senorj

I went for a week last year as daddy day care whilst the missus worked.Really enjoyed it – We did the beach at Villa NoVa de Gaia(another city t’other side of the river),Parque de Cidade is lovely for a stroll. I particularly enjoyed the modern art Museum. One afternoon we had an ace lunch on the south side of the river under the Bridge.And walked back up to Porto…There are lots of ace antique shops in the old town and a really cool bike shop here
    https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=porto&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.73231344,d.ZGU,pv.xjs.s.en.pILta_SWMTQ.O&biw=1117&bih=792&dpr=1&wrapid=tljp140809731826410&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=JtztU6LAEqTy7Aa94YHABg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

For a major city I thought it was fairly cheap to eat & drink out.
    I had one Francesinha – not as good as they sound imo……

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Porto, Portugal.’ is closed to new replies.