Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Portable Pressure Washer
  • mrwhyte
    Free Member

Looking to get a portable pressure washer, as I live in a terraced house, so have to keep trawling my muddy bike through the house. So a quick wash next to the car after the ride would cut down a lot of mess through the house!

Looking at the Mobi V-17 washer. Anyone else got one of these? good experiences with them at all?

andyl
    Free Member

Can’t help on the washer but I just used to leave a couple of buckets of soapy water and a scrubbing brushes outside before I went for a ride so I could wash it as soon as I got back without having to walk my muddy self through the flat.

stumpy01

Not had experience of that particular washer (I’ve got one of the bright yellow original Dirtworkers), but I would go for a cigarette lighter powered one, rather than relying on a battery pack.

Unless of course, you think you might need to use it where you are away from your car, making it inconvenient to plug-in.

If you get one take a bag with a couple of brushes, some lube and some cleaner with you. The brushes help to make the water go further, especially if you are riding in claggy areas or if the mud gets the chance to dry out before you get back to the car.

chewkw
    Free Member

Too expensive as I want one to wash my car.

milko9000
    Free Member

I think they’re great. My mate’s got one. I found one of these for myself: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006LY18O6 which as far as I can tell is the same thing in a different colour.
    Takes car battery cig lighter or charges from mains.

jambalaya
    Free Member

At £120 I’d rather use a bucket and sponge, I can’t imagine that having much power anyway. It’s easy to carry a few plastic jerry cans in the car if you wish and wash the bike down. That plus a change of clothes.

scc999

Got a Mobi one (12v only, no battery pack) and it’s ace.
    Live in a flat and the bikes travel inside the car so it gets a fair bit of use.
    Agree with using brushes to help make the water last longer. Also means you’re less likely to spray water past any seals trying to get all the clag off.
    Tank easily holds enough for two bikes like that.

HTH

Si

DaveRambo

I have a Nomad, bought about 4 years ago now.

I use it at Mayhem etc and when we go on holiday but mainly it’s in the garage and gets used at least once a week as getting water to the front of the house is a pain. (I keep about 8 5l bottles to fill it up)
    Been faultless in all the time I’ve had it – not cheap but will last.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

mobi is ace, the big one.. use it to clean my car as well

muddy9mtb

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pump-Action-Pressure-Sprayer-fertilizer/dp/B000TAWBBC

for something cheap and portable consider one of these, you can get them in bigger sizes too. decent amount of pressure certainly enough to remove the majority of muck

nemesis
    Free Member

When I had a terrace house, I had a large plastic bag that I could fit the bike into and carry it through the house. I just left it near the front door when I went out for a ride. Wash the bike in the back garden then.

Added benefit that potential theives don’t get to see where you live (depending on where you live)

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I have the mobi15 basically without the power pack and use the car to power it. It gives out pretty good pressure. A tad noisey and really heavy when filled up. The spray gun has a good range of adjustment from fine mist to jet spray. I’;ve been using it for about 2 years and wash the car more than the bike. Decided not to go for the power pack as its always near a car and easier to store. The unit has wheels on the base to move it around.

thecaptain
    Free Member

The cheap amazon hand-pumped things can work well, but they are lightweight plastic and often fail at one seal or other. We had a good one which lasted a year, the replacement was DOA and the replacement for that hasn’t been tested yet. If no go, next stop will be hozelock which costs twice as much but looks more solid. Don’t want to be tied to a 12v supply and don’t need the pressure of a powered one.

kilo

another vote for the mobi 12v one, we also live in a terraced house and it has been money well spent

milko9000
    Free Member

on the pressure thing – those Mobi’s (and my no-brand same-thing-for-£80 model) kick out a little bit of force to make washing a lot easier – you can blow out gunk from nooks and crannies nice and easy if you set the jet to fine. But at the same time they’re nowhere near a patio-washer mains-powered kind of thing so you’re not worrying about blowing out grease and seals etc. Hardly an essential, but I for one am glad to be rid of my hand-pumped thing that I was using before. And living in a flat with no direct line to the garden, the battery is really handy for me.

Lantern-Rouge
    Free Member

I’ve got one of the Mobi V-17’s, had it for about 4 years and it does a good job of cleaning the bike and I use mine on the car as well. Went for the battery pack version as I don’t have an outside tap.But…

I’ve had quite a few problems with mine. The main one being that it leaks water from the bottom of the water container, despite trying several different o-rings. It just never seems to get a decent seal. So word of warning if you are thinking of filling it up and taking it with you in a car somewhere to clean the bike at the end of the ride.

I’ve also had to replace the charger twice and now the connections on the hose pipe are pretty worn and will fail to connect at some point soon and the spray gun is on it’s last legs. Obviously you can get spares but it all adds to the cost. Maybe I was just unlucky and got a duff one.

Also I’m sure Mobi are ‘no more’ and just sold all their stock to CRC, I could be wrong though.

Worth checking for other threads on here as I’m sure the subject has come up before.

toofarwest

I bought a V17 from CRC about a year ago, the first one had a hole in the bottom of the water container and the cover for the 12v cable was broken. Sent pics to them and they sent me a new one and said to keep the other for spares (says a lot about what CRC think of them)
    In use however it’s been really useful and I’ve only used one part from the old one as I stood on the hose in the dark and snapped the male connector off the unit.
    Gun is on its last legs now though.

Harry_the_Spider

I have a snappily named “AirAce Waterman”.

12V, 19L capacity

It is most awesome in every conceivable way.

scubashark
    Free Member

+1 for the Aqua2go GD70 Portable Cleaner from Amazon. As far as I can tell its the same as the Mobi one just a different colour but a lot cheaper. Been happy with mine, powerful enough to get the dirt off but not too powerful to get into bearings. Can get 2 bikes out of one tankful. Once its washed dry off with a towel, sorted.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Portable Pressure Washer’ is closed to new replies.