Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Portable power pack
  • Pieface

Hi, what’s the best portable power pack for charging phones and other things?

Thanks

somouk
    Free Member

I like the Anker products from Amazon. Just pick one that is a suitable size for how many charges you need.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Juice

Sainsbury are doing these for 20 quid atm, used one at ard rock, very impressed. Charged Samsung S7 and Garmin no probs.

bungle

Mighty Power Bank 26,000mAh – 3 USB Ports from MyMemory. £22 delivered.

Got one recently and it kept 2 phones, 2 iphones and my tablet going over 4 days camping. Big and heavy though…

GrahamS

Anker are all good. As are Veho.

Big ranges to choose from – just pick the one that matches your requirements.

mattyfez

Anker AstroE1 2nd gen here, 5200mAh.

A good portable size, will charge a smart phone about twice.

cranberry
    Free Member

Anker of whatever size suits you +1

CountZero

Anker FTW. I’ve just bought one of these:
    Anker Astro E7 Ultra-High Capacity 26800mAh 3-Port 4A Compact Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology
    Three USB ports, ideal for charging my phone and camera, had a smaller one that I carried around in a Maxpedition pack that’s sadly gone missing, but this is a better replacement for charging a phone like a 6+.

Cougar

Anker or Portapow for me.

Like SD cards, life’s too short to mess about with shit batteries.

tthew

Aldi have a 7800mAh one on sale this Sunday for 10 quid. Can’t vouch for the quality/performance, but their other Special Buys stuff is usually OK, so probably worth a punt.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Over three years have been sucking juice from Anker Astro 13000 mAh and it’s still going strong. Used it every day this summer. The onboard LED torch is also a very useful feature for me.

GrahamS

life’s too short to mess about with shit batteries.

Indeed. I’ve seen folk like Big Clive take enough cheap ones apart, and seen enough video of lithium battery fires, to think that an extra quid or two for a well-known brand is probably worth it.

(Though to be fair Big Clive did quite like the Poundland ones)

CountZero

Just had a look at the mymemory power pack bungle talked about, and on the basis it’s roughly half the price of the Anker one I bought last week, and you can never have enough back-up power, I’ve just ordered one!
    Thing is, if I go away camping for nine days, like I did last year, while I can use the car battery via a USB adaptor in the ciggy socket, or 12v aux, as it’s now known, a couple of those big battery packs are better than using the car when the engine’s not running; had to call the AA out last year after the battery died! It was thirteen years old, mind… 😳

wrightyson
    Free Member

Another big plus 1 for anker. Quality and excellent customer service even when bought through Amazon, any problems any you still deal direct with anker. Do allow time to prepare charge though. My latest one takes over a day from flat.

pingu66
    Free Member

Anker, had a few of their products and always good.

siwhite
    Free Member

Yup, Anker here too. Mine came in a neat little mesh bag, which also holds the micro USB charging lead and a tiny Lightning cable (bought separately)

CountZero

Yup, Anker here too. Mine came in a neat little mesh bag, which also holds the micro USB charging lead and a tiny Lightning cable (bought separately)

This, which is very handy.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Portable power pack’ is closed to new replies.