Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Portable DAB Radios
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

Currently we have no radio in the house 🙁 So I was thinking of getting a DAB one I have been looking at Roberts Gemini 49 and Pure One Classic and the Sony XDRS10. I have to be honest they all have puses and minuses over each other just curious if anyone has an opinion on any of them?
    Cheers

thomthumb
    Free Member

we have 4 or 5 roberst DABs in the house i got one first and everyone else followed. the speakers are a cut above most comparable radios.

get the roberts – it will not dissapoint.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Do I really need to pause radio that's what's bugging me lol As the Roberts can't do this 🙁 Also what's the crack with DAB+

thomthumb
    Free Member

no DAB+ in th uk apparently.

http://www.which.co.uk/advice/dab-plus-explained/index.jsp

pausing is not my kinda thing – i'm definatley a radio on in the background kind

Anna-B
    Free Member

I've got a Pure One, I like it because it has FM as well as DAB on it. FM uses less electricity so it tends to be on that!

wwaswas

I've got a roberts dab one, does FM as well – sound is really good.

avdave2

I bought a cheap £25 one in Sainsburys that is DAB and FM as I was dubious about the reception I would get at home. It's easily a match in sound quality with a £60 Roberts my parents have. Also I wouldn't spend a lot on a DAB radio that didn't have internet radio.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Ooooh I like the look of the solar Roberts (check me being all ethical 😀 )

antigee

pure one here with the rechargeable pack
    you can also plug an mp3 player in if you don't like wearing earphones
    and aren't bothered about sound quality

the pause function is handy if you get a lot of phone calls deliveries and are actually listening to something rather than background

4ags4
    Free Member

Pure one elite here, excellent sound and reception quality, HOWEVER it hasn't been the most reliable, already on a second warranty replacement.

ransos
    Free Member

I have a Pure Chronos, which has an Ipod dock. It sounds fine, and uses less than 1 watt in standby. Also has a neat little remote.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Just ordered a Roberts Unologic from John Lewis (extra fiver worth it for the 2 years guarantee) Cheers for the help 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Portable DAB Radios’ is closed to new replies.