Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Portable bike washer
  • Harry_the_Spider

Last night I had a go on one and it was easily the most fabulous thing in the whole world. Sadly I didn’t think to take note of what make it was.

So, can anyone recommend at portable jet wash that runs off a 12V car supply and has the capacity to de-shit 2 bikes?

stumpy01

Dirtworker were the original, I think. But, they turned into ‘Nomad’ somewhere along the way.

Looking on their site, they only have battery powered versions. I’ve got an ‘original’ Dirtworker and it’s brilliant; I don’t think I’d want a battery powered one.

The other ones are Mobi-washer which you can get from CRC. A mate of mine had one and while it worked OK, it seemed a bit flimsy.

BoardinBob

I used the cheapo CRC version for a few years before it died. Using this now which is far better quality

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Airace-Driving-Waterman-Portable-Pressure/dp/B0050VDO1G

Yak

I have a mobi in use every week(ish) for the last 3-4 years. Seems ok and runs off a car or a portable powerpack.

Connections getting ropey now, but I leave it outside too, so probably some tlc needed.

alfabus
    Free Member

I’ve got a mobi, and it leaks like a sieve

Yak

Oh, yeah- mine leaks too. Have a tray for it to sit in on the way to races/events.

scandal42
    Free Member

My mobi has been faultless.

I believe they are on sale on CRC at the moment

porter_jamie

have had a nomad for over 2 years and it will do two bikes and one dog or if you take a 5 litre top up bottle 3 bikes and one dog. it still works perfectly

stumpy01

The one boardinbob links to is branded ‘airace’ and I’m sure that’s what the original bright yellow dirtworkers have moulded into the body of them.
    That’s what I’ve got, must be at least 6 years old now and has been very reliable. I think my gun nozzle thing stuck open after a few years, so I had to buy a new one, but it wasn’t expensive.

footflaps

I’ve got a Nomad collecting dust in the workshop (barely ride MTB at the moment). I’d sell it for 1/2 price….

lovewookie

Dirtworker original, had it for 8 years at least. still works well.

interestingly, it is an Airace.

andrewh
    Free Member

I had a Mobi for a year or so before it died. Dirtworker is about 4yrs old now and still going (one split pipe which was easy to fix, finally found a use for old camelback hoses) Seems to have more oomph too. Bought it brand new off the classifieds here for £50 delivered!

nickdavies

^ Take footflaps up on his offer.
    I’ve got a nomad and it’s brilliant. Happily empties 4/5 tanks on a charge, and it’s normally about a tank for 2 bikes, or 1 if you’re fussy.

Managed 9 bikes before with a couple of extra water bottles & a pond! 🙂

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

horridge
    Free Member

Andy,
    It was a Mobi V15 that you used. No problems so far but I haven’t used it many times.
    See you Monday.

Harry_the_Spider

Are you bringing the Mobi with you again 😉 ?

horridge
    Free Member

Will have it on Monday. Might even be able to top it up at the pub if the water runs out.

Harry_the_Spider

CRC have put the price back up to £100. Bugger.

Guess I’m not getting one then.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Portable bike washer’ is closed to new replies.