Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Portable bike washer
  • coogan
    Free Member

What would be the best option? Seen some cheeper ones, but don’t want to spent £85 and have it break after two washes. What’s the best option? Anyone use one/recommendations?

rene59
    Free Member

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/streetwize-portable-power-washer-p199662?gclid=CO7LwPDY7rwCFSUUwwodUzAAGA

Something like this isn’t any worse than the battery/12v ones and a lot cheaper.

peterfile
    Free Member

I got a Dirt Worker for £25 from ebay not long ago, worth having a look.

deano8
    Free Member

Rene59 – that looks great, do you have one?

cynic-al
    Free Member
    ajantom

Had my Mobi for 2 years now, been a godsend as we have no rear access to the house!
    Much better than a hose, as the jet gets into those difficult to reach places. Not so powerful that it destroys bearings though.
    No problems apart from a fuse going in the 12v plug (5amp household fuse worked as replacement) and CRC seem to stock a full range of spares.

rene59
    Free Member

Yes I’ve got one, does the job, use with a brush and some spray cleaner. Search ebay for portable pressure washer and you will pick one up cheaper.

coogan
    Free Member

Nice thank you all (apart from Al), will investigate.

Northwind

I’ve got a Mobi, haven’t used it a huge amount tbh so I can’t really comment on lifespan but it’s a nicely made thing and works really well. Very obviously designed for outdoors use, not some delicate pretty thing, I like it.

Actually, if you were interested and reasonably local to Edinburgh, it’s ages since I used it so could be for sale… Quite a weighty thing to post though.

singletracksurfer

My Mobi washer hasn’t been very reliable tbh – seals/washers are a poor fit, resulting in leakage and the motor has now died after 1 year and not much use. Can’t contact/get replies from Mobi about getting spares either. Got a dirt worker which seems much better (no battery pack though).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Portable bike washer’ is closed to new replies.