Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Portable bbq. What you using?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

My son of hibachi/grilleto is nearly dead after 6 years good use. Loved it’s versatility, ability to put away hot (warm really) and it’s just all round awesomeness.
    It would appear it’s no longer made so I want a replacement of similar ilk. Any recommendations?

towzer

cadac safari chef lp

bbq/pan/grill etc etc

molgrips
    Free Member

Not using but wanting – Weber Go Anywhere.

Riofer
    Free Member

Another vote for cadac safari chef. It’s in front of me right now, just done basic sausage and burger camp bbq. Will fire it up in the morning to cook some pastries on the pizza stone. Fits into a neat bag and can run of a cylinder or little cannisters.

binners

km79
    Free Member

Weber Go Anywhere

Davesport

Weber Go Anywhere here. Well made and functional. My only observation would be that the cooking surface is relatively close to the coals. So indirect cooking or you need to keep an eye on things to prevent food incineration. Handy size for stashing under the motorhome.

jam-bo

£8 folding one from lidl. Suprisingly good.

pictonroad

I inherited a Weber go anywhere and it really is brilliant, no way I could afford one new though.

Had one of these for years, it was 80% as good as the Weber for 25% of the price.

claudie

another go anywhere fan

wilburt
    Free Member

Waitrose £20 just done a fine job on some burgers and sausages looks cool too.

convert

Cobb

dantsw13

Cobb +1

km79
    Free Member

The cobb is a great little oven, very good at what it does but it’s not a great BBQ.

jonnyrockymountain

Love our Weber q120

backinireland
    Free Member

I’ve had that Weber go anywhere for 11 years
    Was a wedding present
    Great job and still in great condition

backinireland
    Free Member
    backinireland
    Free Member
    codybrennan
    Free Member

Another Cadac Safari Chef here.

sc-xc

How is your son of hibachi dead? Ours still going son of strongboli

winston
    Free Member

Bought a safari chef plus pizza stone last week. Fantastic. Cooked 10 pizza on it yesterday as had loads of friends round. Did some veggie kebabs as a snack tonight. Excellent quality.
    Taking it to the beach tomorrow.

somafunk

I see Lidl above have a Weber copy for £20, I’ll try and get one t’morn, ta for the link

Drac

Cobb with the BBQ fitting, it’s a great little oven too.

ahsat

Webber Go Anywhere here too. We’ve used it more in the last year than we have our big one in the last 6 years! Though big one got deployed for friends round last night.

bigblackshed

Weber Go Anywhere.

backinireland
    Free Member

Just, check as that’s lidl in Northern Ireland, our offers are sometimes different

sweepy
    Free Member

Any of you weber go anywhere users have the gas version?

And can anyone recommend a good bbq forum?

trail_rat
    Free Member

got a weber q2200 i use home and away.

good as i dont have to wait for heat up or cool down when im on the road say at a lunch break or something and used with a smoker box when i want to smoke i get good results 😀

tintim

Had a son of hibachi, then got a lotus grill https://www.lotusgrilluk.com/

Ready to cook in a few mins, cooks food gently and brilliantly. My only regret not going for the XL version.

somafunk

Damn, your right – it’s just lidl N-Ireland.

thehustler
    Free Member

These

Really are a great little unit

CheesybeanZ

Damn, your right – it’s just lidl N-Ireland.

They had them in our local store today – Worcestershire .

FuzzyWuzzy

Had a look at the Go Anywhere in John Lewis, seemed pretty flimsy given the price. I’m looking for a semi-portable one myself (good enough for 6 ppl in a garden but can also take camping for 2 ppl). Ideally I’d want something with telescopic legs but no one seems to do one 🙁
    That said I’m surprised how good some of the disposable BBQs are (although pound shop ones are pretty pants), not sure I could justify a Weber just for camping use.

chewkw
    Free Member

FuzzyWuzzy – Member
    Had a look at the Go Anywhere in John Lewis, seemed pretty flimsy given the price.

I noticed the metal wall is rather thin too, but it seems to hold up well judging from all the usage. 😛

Apparently this is being raved about to accompany all sort of BBQ.

GrillGrates 😛

ahsat

Had a look at the Go Anywhere in John Lewis, seemed pretty flimsy given the price.

I know a couple of people who have had theirs 5-7 years and still going strong. Ours has been in and out of our van, all round the UK, over the last year and still looks great, no dents etc. It’s easily paid for itself over the last year compared to £5 disposalables (plus not adding to landfill) and it has come into its own for the last 2.5 months whilst we have been waiting for our oven replacement part to come in!

mrhoppy

We inherited my folks go anywhere when they got a Cobb a couple of years ago, works well and still looks in good nick so I don’t think there’s much issue with durability.

Just swapped to a go anywhere gas as it’s easier to use in the van die to cooling down as soon as you turn off the burner, canisters take up way less space than charcoal for a long holiday and some french sites don’t allow charcoal BBQs.

sweepy
    Free Member

I do like the weber q’s, out of my budget tho.
    The anywhere gas looks good but the new ones aren’t so popular? new grate I think. Hows yours hoppy?

That lidl NI site had Landemann q a-likes for seventy quid that looked interesting

langylad
    Free Member

Cadac carri chef 2 here. Cooks brilliantly but has had a tendency to blow out a bit too easily

ourmaninthenorth

Weber Smokey Joe.

Had it for about 15 years as main BBQ and portable. Only replaced as main BBQ when I bought a Weber Mastertouch a couple of years ago.

Smokey Joe still used if we’re just grilling for the 3 of us at home.

For camping the Go Anywhere is probably better due to its shape (i.e. better for packing).

That said, I quite fancy a gas one for the beach – Weber Q series or a Napoleon.

mrhoppy

The anywhere gas looks good but the new ones aren’t so popular? new grate I think. Hows yours hoppy?

As a portable it works really well, not quite as good as a charcoal in terms of cook quality but certainly acceptable, cleaner, quick to temperature and cool down for packing away afterwards.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Portable bbq. What you using?’ is closed to new replies.