Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Porridgepot Hill Trails?
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

Hi,
    Would somebody be so kind as to provide some memory map files or some links to where the trails are in this area please?

I ride Bracknell and Surrey Hills, and the linky on the Gorrick race series took me down a rabbit hole filled with you tube clips of smooth flowy goodness….I now need to find my way

All help received in a humble and chuffed manner

AndyRT
    Free Member

bump 😳

offthebrakes
    Free Member

The first Brass Monkeys race is at PorridgePot this Sunday. There’s a link to a GPX on the website here – although I think its actually a plot of the Are You Tough Enough course from July.

Regardless, it includes plenty of the best trails to get you started.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Thanks

theotherjonv

It’s not a huge area, go explore. You’ll soon pick up something and then it’s a case of following round.

AndyRT
    Free Member

[list]wheres the best place to park/start?

thepurist

There’s a few off road parking bays, one off the Maultway just opposite Old Bisley Rd and a couple off Gapemouth Rd but the Spar shop car park (GU16 6TA) is probably the most reliable. Just head W ish into the woods from there and you’ll find something.

While you’re in the area you might as well nip over the road to whizz round Frith as well – think I’ve got a GPX of the ‘White Arrow’ route round there if you want.

AndyRT
    Free Member

yes please, to my email would be fab!

br
    Free Member

I think some of it is MOD land…, not sure about access etc.

allthepies
    Free Member

It’s open all the time, not a firing range (although it is close to one).

However it is wise to avoid the area if the army are obviously carrying out some training exercise. Would be a shame to lose any access to these areas 🙂

shortcut

If you find the army out give them a wide birth, or indeed ask them what areas they are operating in. Be warned they tend to sleep out and don’t like being disturbed at night!

Ewan
    Free Member

There’s been issues with mtbers and the army recently – it’s not a huge area so you tend to bump into the every ride. If you do don’t try and go through them, ask where they are training and give it a wide berth, or access for mtbers is likely to be withdrawn.

pants
    Free Member

It is RESTRICTED land, but do read the BYLAWS so you are aware of what you are and are not aloud to do and what can happen if you get caught out!

pants
    Free Member
    TurnerGuy
    Free Member

So they can confiscate your precious mountain bike, and fine you £20 as well…

rootes1

you could go out a tunnel hill trolls ride

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Porridgepot Hill Trails?’ is closed to new replies.