Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Porlock – anyone ridden this trail?
  • sharki
    Free Member

Did you post the other day about climbing out of the bottom of hawk combe and up over towards ley hill?

I’ve not done the one you’re pointing at but have come up from behind ‘peep out’ and climbed around to ley hill, it was steep in places but just about doable….iirc…..errr maybe i walked a little as that was a big ride..

snaps
    Free Member

I rode right past the bottom of that trail last week & it looks like you have to go cheeky to get to it up someones drive, also the upper parts of Ley hill are very different to the map on all but the really wide tracks.

singletracksurfer

yep thats right, didn’t get a reply (unless I missed it).

ah yes that bridleway might be a good bet from peep out – better than using the road I assume!

Was thinking that as it was a byway it might be nicer than using the road, but looking on google it does look confusing on the ground.

sharki
    Free Member

iirc, it starts off steep and loose, gets better, then has a stabby steep bit then undulates gently at it traverses around the hill side, popping out into the open i think through a gate, it climbs through a cutting quite steeply in placesthe change to a final grassy bit to the road, looks like at the gate you can cut left and climb the top of the combe around to pass the earth work..

I think we headed to flora’s after.

Si or hopster may remember better

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Porlock – anyone ridden this trail?’ is closed to new replies.