Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pork Shoulder Joint
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

For some slightly bizarre reasons I have about 8 of these.

Anyone know any good recipes? Ideally removing the fat or using at little as possible..

MrSparkle

I had a touch of that once. Got some cream from the Doctor and it cleared up in a week.

organic355
    Free Member

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/616802

Bill Granger Glazed pork skewers with homemade mango chutney.

Nom Nom Nom!!

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

Place the pork in the slow cooker with:

a)some veg
    b)some apples
    c)some cider

Cook for approx. 1 working day. Eat with potatoes, cooked to your taste.

Nom, and indeed, NOM.

glenp
    Free Member

Romoving the fat? It’s the fat that’s the whole point of shoulder! Lovely stuff – slow roast, which will be a long old do for a whole shoulder. You can put stuffing in – it’s wild mushroom season at the mo, and that would be perfect. I also recommend fennel seeds as a good flavour partner for pork.

Hmm. I’ve got the whole evening to myself and I have to stay in the house to dog-sit – think I might go get myself a shoulder joint and have a massive mid-evening feast. Double hmm – I also happen to have rather a lot of wild mushrooms.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Pork shoulder joint? will you be serving that with Camberwell carrots?

djglover
    Free Member

If you can remove the meat search for chorizo and belly pork on BBC good food, do that one its really nice

nick1c
    Free Member

Something along these lines http://www.ochef.com/r153.htm
    If it’s cooked long enough the fat melts away leaving moist tender meat. Tastes like a proper hog roast.
    Shoulder or belly cooked slowly are my pork joints of choice, much nicer than loin or leg.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I agree and normally slow roast over five or six hours with some oregano, lemon and tomatoes and a pile of veg. Always a winner.

Tescos are banging out shoulder roasts for £2.50 so I thought I’d buy a tenners worth, unforunately my wife had the same idea earlier in the day, we are all porked up so I had hoped to get some new ideas.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pork Shoulder Joint’ is closed to new replies.