Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Pork Pies.
  • mountainman

Would anybody wish to share Pork Pie recipes as there seems to be a shortage of them here in Eire

Only Tesco’s own brand to be found and their not up to scratch atall. so going to make my own ,just need a meat recipe for seasoning n cure mix please.

mountainman

Well made some with basic pork seasoning,using mace n ginger n salt n pepper.
    Let the pastry rest in the fridge overnight once i had hand formed the pies.
    Glazed with beaten egg,then hot oven(gas 7) for 15 mins to set pastry ,then lower oven(gas 4) to cook meat for 30 mins,lower shelf.
    Then cool on wire rack .

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

This one works well. Only made it once as it’s a lot of effort, but results are fabulous.

29erKeith
    Free Member

I made a 10 inch pork pie for a mates birthday a couple of years ago, he’s a pork pie addict!

I used the Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall recipe

my trial 8 inch pie came out well, getting a good seal and getting the stock in to set as jelly is the most difficult bit I found, but I managed it second time round ok.

really nice but a lot of effort I have to say.

jamiea
    Free Member

I’ve made a couple, as has been mentioned, it’s a lot of work and I’ve not got the meat texture right. They’ve not been a patch on ones you find at farmer’s markets or quality butchers.

Cheers
    Jamie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Pork Pies.’ is closed to new replies.