• This topic has 16 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Nick.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Pork chop recipes?
  • winston_dog
    Free Member

Pulled some pork chops out of freezer last night.

Any suggestions of some “interesting” recipes or accompaniments for a nice big of pig?

Inspire me!

bigG
    Free Member

Cut off the fat and render it in a frying pan. Coat the chops in breadrumbs with herbs and parmesan.

Cook the breadcrumbed chops in the fat.

Serve with Asparagus and Aligot.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

In a baking dish lay slices of apple, mushroom & onion on top,season, add crust of breadcrumbs & grated cheese, slosh some cider around then bake in the oven.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Glaze with honey, mustard and black pepper then grill.

Drac

Grill pork chop with fat on until cook and eat.

Some foods are best kept simple.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Awww crap, I agree with Drac.

bigG
    Free Member

Sorry, I clearly should have prefaced my suggestion with – if you like eating a boring chop like a boring chop then just cook it but it’s not exactly exciting is it?

Let’s face it unless you are eating some high quality well tended and butchered pork then it’s going to taste like cardboard just grilled.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Grill it and eat it you bigGirls blouse 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Let’s face it unless you are eating some high quality well tended and butchered pork then it’s going to taste like cardboard just grilled. what were you doing buying crap meat in the first place?

FTFY.

BigJohn

Raymond blanc’s chops a maman is simple and great. Fry in butter for just 5 minutes or less each side. Then rest them in warm oven till done to your liking. Just add water to the butter and juices to make a tasty gravy. Serve with sautee potatoes.
    Simple and lovely.

Drac

Let’s face it unless you are eating some high quality well tended and butchered pork then it’s going to taste like cardboard just grilled.

If you buy crap meat you have yourself to blame.

Awww crap, I agree with Drac. CaptainFlashheart.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Slice through fat with a sharp knife to stop curling and grill for a few minute each side until almost cooked. Then coat with pesto (green or red) and grill a little more, serve with pasta with pine nuts, butter and parmesan.

Simple and nice.

arrpee
    Free Member

I’ve got some sympathy with the minimalist approach, depending on how good your pork is.

However:

Pan fry your chops briefly on a high heat to colour, then reduce the heat and add a couple of bashed garlic cloves to the pan.

Turn periodically until done to your liking and remove the chops and the garlic.

Deglaze the pan with a glass of white wine and let it reduce by about half.

Add about 250 ml of single cream and a tablespoon of grain mustard and another of dijon. Let it bubble a bit.

Add a handful of chopped cornichons or gherkins. Taste and check the seasoning. Add a bit of the liquid from the cornichon jar if it needs to be a bit sharper.

Serve with mash.

winston_dog
    Free Member

I normally just grill the bloody things!

Didn’t to start an argument about the quality and source of modern meat!

I am also being subject to sexist/homophobic/clothesist insults! 🙂

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Finely chop apricots and mix with butter slice a pocket in the chop from the side fill with butter/apricot mix and add bay leaf cook in oven till done to your liking if you cut the pocket at an angle you won’t loss much of the mix serve with sides of your liking personally I like wedges and a good salad.

steve-g
    Free Member

I’ve not had pork chops in ages, must go get some.

My recipe, make a sauce out of stock, flour, onion, little tomato puree and loads of paprika. Chuck in some chopped green peppers. Grill chops, slice, put on mash, cover in sauce. Mmmmm mmmmm, simple but very nice

Nick

We had pork chops tonight, just cooked em’ they was lovely 🙂

This sounds nice though, I’ve got some Venison chops in the freezer I might do like this:

Cut off the fat and render it in a frying pan. Coat the chops in breadrumbs with herbs and parmesan.

Cook the breadcrumbed chops in the fat.

Serve with Asparagus and Aligot.

When rendering fat the best way to do it is in a saucepan, in about the same amount water as fat and heat gently until it starts to simmer, the water boils off and you’re left with clean good quality fat that will store in the fridge for a good couple of months.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Pork chop recipes?’ is closed to new replies.